“The BEST fishing Lodge in Sitka”
Review of Dove Island Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Dove Island Lodge
Ranked #3 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Sitka
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First I must get this out of the way, I have been to Talon and Talon does not come close to this place. The owners and Nicole were awesome, very hospitable, and were always there if you needed anything. I was there at the end of June to the beginning of July. We maxed out every in our fish slots and came home with over a thousand pounds of fish. Dove Island has the best captains working for them and they know all the fishing holes. The lodge rooms where we stayed was very personable. We had our own fridge and it was stocked everyday with soda and water. A small living room to relax after fishing on the most comfortable leather couches ever. And then their is the small hot tub on the deck that made the night after that awesome dinner. What I like the most was that someone was always their to answer any questions. And when you came back from fishing, they had cocktails and a warm towel to wipe your face and hands off after fishing all day. You do not go hungry at this place. The 5 course dinners were always filling. For breakfast, I highly recommend the french toast. I do not know what you did, but it was the best I had ever had.
I have fished at Waterfalls and Talon and they do not come close to this place. I came back with more fish then any of my trips in Alaska and my fish do not leave the lodge. They stay in freezer box near the lodge.
Dove Island if you guys read this, I tell all my friends about this place and how they need to come there and feel the same experience that i did when I was there. Also for those people writing bad reviews, I call [--] on them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Justin B

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I just spent a long weekend at the Dove Island Lodge. The lodge is lovely and hospitable yet a little rough around the edges. The staff went out of their way to make the trip an experience to remember and they delivered.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank APHPhoto
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Bill from Neveda summed it up. We were there for 5 days in early June and we too experienced the amazing staff headed by Nicole and enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them, who were beyond kind and welcoming. Duane and Tracie were awesome hosts and experienced. Duane was overly accommodating when my husband lost his camera at our shore lunch, out where we were fishing and he flew him back and luckily was able to find it. We also ocean fished with the amazing Cody and Bill and limited out with King Salmon, Halibut and Black cod. They were so much fun and we wish Bill much success as he pursues a career in dentistry. Side note, we have been cooking up all our fish, packed perfectly and has been so enjoyable.
Back to the lodge. The private jacuzzi was clean and at the perfect temperature. The sauna was fantastic. The beds were soooo comfortable. The food AMAZING! The chefs fed us with 5 star meals and came out and described each course they prepared with so much love. The wine selection was top notch as well.
We are looking forward to booking a trip with our two boys hopefully next season. Oh, and by the way, Sitka is charming and being Of Russian descent, I enjoyed visiting the Bishops house and the beautiful Russian Orthodox church.
In closing, this is a perfect place to enjoy what Alaska has to offer.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niner924
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Wow! My Wife and I just returned from a five night stay at Dove Island Lodge, in Sitka, AK. The owners/operators , Duane & Tracie Lambeth were always there and very cordial. Duane went out of his way to make us feel welcome and took care of our every request. The lodge Manager Nicole and her staff were excellent and fulfilled our needs. The food was outstanding with two different Chef's sharing the cooking duties, each meal was a true experience.
We spent three days on the water fishing for salmon, halibut and rock fish. We limited out every day but one and that day we were short only one king salmon. We fished all three days on board the Show Girl, with Capt. Cody and Deck hand Bill. They put us on the fish and kept us busy reeling them in.
All I can say is, you have to experience this delightful lodge and staff, they are a truly wonderful. The excellent fishing was a real plus!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rainbow Trout Suite, which is a two room suite and one of the largest at the lodge...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank billnevada
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My vacation was in August this was my first trip to Alaska. There is a lot of lodges to choose from in Alaska and I'm glad we went to Dove Island Lodge. The lodge is beautiful and the rooms are very nice mine had a real fireplace in it. I love the sound of crackling wood as I'm relaxing in my room. The meals were great from made to order breakfast to the 5 course dinners. I personally like the way they do the lunch. They set up a sandwich bar with all the fixn's you make your own lunch so you can make as much as you want and you have no one to blame but yourself if you don't like it. Now to the fishing experience. The captains and guides were great they know where the fish are and you can tell they love what they do. The gear is top notch from the saltwater to the fly gear for the freshwater. I like that the lodge provides everything so I was able to pack light. The owners and staff were great they want to make sure you are having fun on your vacation I must have been asked 5 times a day how my day was and if I'm havering a good time so if there was an issue I certainly had the opportunity to let them know. The chefs would even come out during dinner to make sure your enjoying your meal and explain to you what your eating and how it was made. I am looking forward to the day I get to go back. Thank you Dove Island Lodge for making this a Memorable experience

Room Tip: Book early if you want a room with a fire place they don't charge extra for them it's first...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Magicman622
Reviewed 9 November 2012

My experience was unpleasant. The lodge was dirty, the staff inattentive, the grounds cluttered and scattered with trash. The hot tub was cloudy and scummy. The beds were uncomfortable. The frequent cruise ships blocked the ocean view. The island was less remote than anticipated. For non-fishers, there is little to do. One bright spot: the dinners were lovely.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank jillilink
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband & I have traveled extensively & have enjoyed some of the nicest accommodations in the world from the Raffles in Singapore, the Mandarin in HongKong, the Oriental in Bangkok to gorgeous game reserves in South Africa. Dove Island is our favorite destination & we have been back almost every year for 10 years. We love the magnificent ocean setting on a private island, the warm & inviting lodge, the wonderful dining, fantastic ocean and fresh water fishing, float plane trips to glaciers, waterfalls & remote fishing lakes & streams, etc. Duane & Tracie & staff have been outstanding hosts and extremely attentive to every detail. The nightly DVD shows that Tracie puts together from guests photos of the day are great. Duane Is a master pilot in his Beaver--probably the most experienced in the area. The quaint old Russian town of Sitka is also a fun place to explore.

Room Tip: All suites are great. The cabins are perfect for families or small groups
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family