All reviewsfive starsaltwater fishingking salmonowners and staffworld class fishinghalibutsnow capped mountainstwo chefsfirst class experienceexperienced pilotprivate islandover the topminute boat rideeach eveningrock fishgreat memoriesbend over backwards
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I spent last week at Dove Island. We had an exceptional time. Lodge and food was first rate. people outstanding. Freshwater fishing including fly out on Bessie was amazing. Vic is a tremendous and very patient fly rod expert. Salt water fishing was great. We had some minor boat issues but it just enriched the experience. Duane was all over it and more than compensated for it. Sitka is very interesting town and this place is clearly the class of the Alaska panhandle. Already working on booking a week in 2014.

Room Tip: We stayed in main lodge. it was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Paul z
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I dont think I have ever had a better trip then what I experienced at Dove Island Lodge in Sitka AK. The owners were very involved with the daily operations and the food rivaled the very best that a 5 star hotel or even a Vegas Casino could offer up. The fishing was world par and the view from the island and my cabin was epic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First I must get this out of the way, I have been to Talon and Talon does not come close to this place. The owners and Nicole were awesome, very hospitable, and were always there if you needed anything. I was there at the end of June to the beginning of July. We maxed out every in our fish slots and came home with over a thousand pounds of fish. Dove Island has the best captains working for them and they know all the fishing holes. The lodge rooms where we stayed was very personable. We had our own fridge and it was stocked everyday with soda and water. A small living room to relax after fishing on the most comfortable leather couches ever. And then their is the small hot tub on the deck that made the night after that awesome dinner. What I like the most was that someone was always their to answer any questions. And when you came back from fishing, they had cocktails and a warm towel to wipe your face and hands off after fishing all day. You do not go hungry at this place. The 5 course dinners were always filling. For breakfast, I highly recommend the french toast. I do not know what you did, but it was the best I had ever had.
I have fished at Waterfalls and Talon and they do not come close to this place. I came back with more fish then any of my trips in Alaska and my fish do not leave the lodge. They stay in freezer box near the lodge.
Dove Island if you guys read this, I tell all my friends about this place and how they need to come there and feel the same experience that i did when I was there. Also for those people writing bad reviews, I call [--] on them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I just spent a long weekend at the Dove Island Lodge. The lodge is lovely and hospitable yet a little rough around the edges. The staff went out of their way to make the trip an experience to remember and they delivered.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank APHPhoto
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Bill from Neveda summed it up. We were there for 5 days in early June and we too experienced the amazing staff headed by Nicole and enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them, who were beyond kind and welcoming. Duane and Tracie were awesome hosts and experienced. Duane was overly accommodating when my husband lost his camera at our shore lunch, out where we were fishing and he flew him back and luckily was able to find it. We also ocean fished with the amazing Cody and Bill and limited out with King Salmon, Halibut and Black cod. They were so much fun and we wish Bill much success as he pursues a career in dentistry. Side note, we have been cooking up all our fish, packed perfectly and has been so enjoyable.
Back to the lodge. The private jacuzzi was clean and at the perfect temperature. The sauna was fantastic. The beds were soooo comfortable. The food AMAZING! The chefs fed us with 5 star meals and came out and described each course they prepared with so much love. The wine selection was top notch as well.
We are looking forward to booking a trip with our two boys hopefully next season. Oh, and by the way, Sitka is charming and being Of Russian descent, I enjoyed visiting the Bishops house and the beautiful Russian Orthodox church.
In closing, this is a perfect place to enjoy what Alaska has to offer.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple