“Fantastic!!!!!!!”
Review of Dove Island Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Dove Island Lodge
Ranked #2 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Sitka
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Fantastic!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I spent a week at dove island lodge in July. We have traveled extensively around the globe and there isn't a better fishing lodge to be found!!! I'm quite picky about cleanliness and amenities and almost never take the first room offered at even 5 star hotels but we had a fabulous room with great views overlooking the water. No complaints. Owners and staff could not have been nicer and were constantly checking to make sure we were happy. Unheard of in most places. Hot breakfast included blueberry pancakes, French toast, bacon, etc Five course dinners prepared by 3 seasoned chefs each evening and the wine list was extensive. Fully stocked bar with all top liquor brands. Nothing shabby about this place. We caught our limit each day. Even though the saltwater fishing was phenomenal we will spend 2 days next year freshwater fishing on the private island accessible only to Dove Island Lodge guest. We will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Main lodge rooms are all phenomenal but they have wonderful 2 bedroom cabins available through out t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shelah Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I spent last week at Dove Island. We had an exceptional time. Lodge and food was first rate. people outstanding. Freshwater fishing including fly out on Bessie was amazing. Vic is a tremendous and very patient fly rod expert. Salt water fishing was great. We had some minor boat issues but it just enriched the experience. Duane was all over it and more than compensated for it. Sitka is very interesting town and this place is clearly the class of the Alaska panhandle. Already working on booking a week in 2014.

Room Tip: We stayed in main lodge. it was great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank pmzman999
Tucson
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I dont think I have ever had a better trip then what I experienced at Dove Island Lodge in Sitka AK. The owners were very involved with the daily operations and the food rivaled the very best that a 5 star hotel or even a Vegas Casino could offer up. The fishing was world par and the view from the island and my cabin was epic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Brandon H
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First I must get this out of the way, I have been to Talon and Talon does not come close to this place. The owners and Nicole were awesome, very hospitable, and were always there if you needed anything. I was there at the end of June to the beginning of July. We maxed out every in our fish slots and came home with over a thousand pounds of fish. Dove Island has the best captains working for them and they know all the fishing holes. The lodge rooms where we stayed was very personable. We had our own fridge and it was stocked everyday with soda and water. A small living room to relax after fishing on the most comfortable leather couches ever. And then their is the small hot tub on the deck that made the night after that awesome dinner. What I like the most was that someone was always their to answer any questions. And when you came back from fishing, they had cocktails and a warm towel to wipe your face and hands off after fishing all day. You do not go hungry at this place. The 5 course dinners were always filling. For breakfast, I highly recommend the french toast. I do not know what you did, but it was the best I had ever had.
I have fished at Waterfalls and Talon and they do not come close to this place. I came back with more fish then any of my trips in Alaska and my fish do not leave the lodge. They stay in freezer box near the lodge.
Dove Island if you guys read this, I tell all my friends about this place and how they need to come there and feel the same experience that i did when I was there. Also for those people writing bad reviews, I call [--] on them.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Justin B
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I just spent a long weekend at the Dove Island Lodge. The lodge is lovely and hospitable yet a little rough around the edges. The staff went out of their way to make the trip an experience to remember and they delivered.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank APHPhoto
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Bill from Neveda summed it up. We were there for 5 days in early June and we too experienced the amazing staff headed by Nicole and enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them, who were beyond kind and welcoming. Duane and Tracie were awesome hosts and experienced. Duane was overly accommodating when my husband lost his camera at our shore lunch, out where we were fishing and he flew him back and luckily was able to find it. We also ocean fished with the amazing Cody and Bill and limited out with King Salmon, Halibut and Black cod. They were so much fun and we wish Bill much success as he pursues a career in dentistry. Side note, we have been cooking up all our fish, packed perfectly and has been so enjoyable.
Back to the lodge. The private jacuzzi was clean and at the perfect temperature. The sauna was fantastic. The beds were soooo comfortable. The food AMAZING! The chefs fed us with 5 star meals and came out and described each course they prepared with so much love. The wine selection was top notch as well.
We are looking forward to booking a trip with our two boys hopefully next season. Oh, and by the way, Sitka is charming and being Of Russian descent, I enjoyed visiting the Bishops house and the beautiful Russian Orthodox church.
In closing, this is a perfect place to enjoy what Alaska has to offer.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Niner924
Minden, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Wow! My Wife and I just returned from a five night stay at Dove Island Lodge, in Sitka, AK. The owners/operators , Duane & Tracie Lambeth were always there and very cordial. Duane went out of his way to make us feel welcome and took care of our every request. The lodge Manager Nicole and her staff were excellent and fulfilled our needs. The food was outstanding with two different Chef's sharing the cooking duties, each meal was a true experience.
We spent three days on the water fishing for salmon, halibut and rock fish. We limited out every day but one and that day we were short only one king salmon. We fished all three days on board the Show Girl, with Capt. Cody and Deck hand Bill. They put us on the fish and kept us busy reeling them in.
All I can say is, you have to experience this delightful lodge and staff, they are a truly wonderful. The excellent fishing was a real plus!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rainbow Trout Suite, which is a two room suite and one of the largest at the lodge...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple