Dove Island Lodge
US$256
US$207
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfly fishingfive starking salmonowners and staffworld classhalibuttwo chefsdolly vardenprivate islandminute boat ridesnow capped mountainsevery eveningnew friendsover the toprock fishbend over backwardsfive days
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Can't say enough about Dove Island Lodge.My third fishing trip to Alaska and the best by far.We stayed in the waterfront two story/two bedroom family cabin.Beautiful views,privacy and a nice hot tub on the deck.
Fishing was epic!We chose to do two days fly-out freshwater and one day ocean.Though the slatwater was very productive bringing in many Silvers,limits of of Halibut and Kings,my favorite were the fly-outs.
We spent one day fly-fishing with guide Vic.Though I haven't been fly fishing in over ten years Vic soon had me hooking up into many PInks.You could actually see them moving up the river.The ATV experience added a nice thrill.
On our second day in fresh water with guide Chad I chose to spin fish and within minutes I was hooking up with some nice frisky Pinks.Soon lost count of how many we caught and released.An added bonus was catching some nice Dolly Varden.
Duane is a pilot that you can trust and feel comfortable with.Bessie is a more pleasant ride than most 747's.
Nicole is a great lodge manager and see's to your every need.Whether you need your fridge stocked or beers ready for your next days fishing,she takes good care of you.Tracie and Duane are very gracious hosts and do everything to make sure your Alaska experience is beyond compare.The dinners are five star all the way.The bar stocked with the finest liquor.Was nice to come "home" at the end of the day to a cocktail and hot towels waiting for you on the dock.
I be back soon,but not soon enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I spent a week at dove island lodge in July. We have traveled extensively around the globe and there isn't a better fishing lodge to be found!!! I'm quite picky about cleanliness and amenities and almost never take the first room offered at even 5 star hotels but we had a fabulous room with great views overlooking the water. No complaints. Owners and staff could not have been nicer and were constantly checking to make sure we were happy. Unheard of in most places. Hot breakfast included blueberry pancakes, French toast, bacon, etc Five course dinners prepared by 3 seasoned chefs each evening and the wine list was extensive. Fully stocked bar with all top liquor brands. Nothing shabby about this place. We caught our limit each day. Even though the saltwater fishing was phenomenal we will spend 2 days next year freshwater fishing on the private island accessible only to Dove Island Lodge guest. We will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Main lodge rooms are all phenomenal but they have wonderful 2 bedroom cabins available through out the island.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelah Z
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I spent last week at Dove Island. We had an exceptional time. Lodge and food was first rate. people outstanding. Freshwater fishing including fly out on Bessie was amazing. Vic is a tremendous and very patient fly rod expert. Salt water fishing was great. We had some minor boat issues but it just enriched the experience. Duane was all over it and more than compensated for it. Sitka is very interesting town and this place is clearly the class of the Alaska panhandle. Already working on booking a week in 2014.

Room Tip: We stayed in main lodge. it was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Paul z
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I dont think I have ever had a better trip then what I experienced at Dove Island Lodge in Sitka AK. The owners were very involved with the daily operations and the food rivaled the very best that a 5 star hotel or even a Vegas Casino could offer up. The fishing was world par and the view from the island and my cabin was epic.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First I must get this out of the way, I have been to Talon and Talon does not come close to this place. The owners and Nicole were awesome, very hospitable, and were always there if you needed anything. I was there at the end of June to the beginning of July. We maxed out every in our fish slots and came home with over a thousand pounds of fish. Dove Island has the best captains working for them and they know all the fishing holes. The lodge rooms where we stayed was very personable. We had our own fridge and it was stocked everyday with soda and water. A small living room to relax after fishing on the most comfortable leather couches ever. And then their is the small hot tub on the deck that made the night after that awesome dinner. What I like the most was that someone was always their to answer any questions. And when you came back from fishing, they had cocktails and a warm towel to wipe your face and hands off after fishing all day. You do not go hungry at this place. The 5 course dinners were always filling. For breakfast, I highly recommend the french toast. I do not know what you did, but it was the best I had ever had.
I have fished at Waterfalls and Talon and they do not come close to this place. I came back with more fish then any of my trips in Alaska and my fish do not leave the lodge. They stay in freezer box near the lodge.
Dove Island if you guys read this, I tell all my friends about this place and how they need to come there and feel the same experience that i did when I was there. Also for those people writing bad reviews, I call [--] on them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends