All reviewsfive starsaltwater fishingking salmonowners and staffworld class fishinghalibutsnow capped mountainstwo chefsfirst class experienceexperienced pilotprivate islandover the topminute boat rideeach eveningrock fishgreat memoriesbend over backwards
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first trip to Alaska, I can't even begin to say what a great place Dove Island Lodge is, Duane and his wife and all of the staff @the lodge treated us great, we had the ultimate fishing experiences, the flyouts were awesome, I was a bit nervous about the floatplane trips, but Duane is such an experienced pilot and put me at ease with his attention to safety, the flights were awesome being able to see the beautiful Alaskan wilderness by air and then landing and hiking to the backcountry with guide Vic, who was great. The 5 course dinners every night were spectacular, I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pixie065
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Well we haven't even left the airport and I can't wait to share my reviews about this absolutely amazing place! The service is impeccable , the food is to die for and the fishing experience was thrilling to say the least. Our
guides were extremely knowledgable and personable , we saws all the creatures on our list... Bears, whales, eagles and more. It is a lodge ... That has mastered making you feel at home!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Finia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Can't say enough about Dove Island Lodge.My third fishing trip to Alaska and the best by far.We stayed in the waterfront two story/two bedroom family cabin.Beautiful views,privacy and a nice hot tub on the deck.
Fishing was epic!We chose to do two days fly-out freshwater and one day ocean.Though the slatwater was very productive bringing in many Silvers,limits of of Halibut and Kings,my favorite were the fly-outs.
We spent one day fly-fishing with guide Vic.Though I haven't been fly fishing in over ten years Vic soon had me hooking up into many PInks.You could actually see them moving up the river.The ATV experience added a nice thrill.
On our second day in fresh water with guide Chad I chose to spin fish and within minutes I was hooking up with some nice frisky Pinks.Soon lost count of how many we caught and released.An added bonus was catching some nice Dolly Varden.
Duane is a pilot that you can trust and feel comfortable with.Bessie is a more pleasant ride than most 747's.
Nicole is a great lodge manager and see's to your every need.Whether you need your fridge stocked or beers ready for your next days fishing,she takes good care of you.Tracie and Duane are very gracious hosts and do everything to make sure your Alaska experience is beyond compare.The dinners are five star all the way.The bar stocked with the finest liquor.Was nice to come "home" at the end of the day to a cocktail and hot towels waiting for you on the dock.
I be back soon,but not soon enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I spent a week at dove island lodge in July. We have traveled extensively around the globe and there isn't a better fishing lodge to be found!!! I'm quite picky about cleanliness and amenities and almost never take the first room offered at even 5 star hotels but we had a fabulous room with great views overlooking the water. No complaints. Owners and staff could not have been nicer and were constantly checking to make sure we were happy. Unheard of in most places. Hot breakfast included blueberry pancakes, French toast, bacon, etc Five course dinners prepared by 3 seasoned chefs each evening and the wine list was extensive. Fully stocked bar with all top liquor brands. Nothing shabby about this place. We caught our limit each day. Even though the saltwater fishing was phenomenal we will spend 2 days next year freshwater fishing on the private island accessible only to Dove Island Lodge guest. We will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: Main lodge rooms are all phenomenal but they have wonderful 2 bedroom cabins available through out the island.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelah Z
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I spent last week at Dove Island. We had an exceptional time. Lodge and food was first rate. people outstanding. Freshwater fishing including fly out on Bessie was amazing. Vic is a tremendous and very patient fly rod expert. Salt water fishing was great. We had some minor boat issues but it just enriched the experience. Duane was all over it and more than compensated for it. Sitka is very interesting town and this place is clearly the class of the Alaska panhandle. Already working on booking a week in 2014.

Room Tip: We stayed in main lodge. it was great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family