All reviews five star saltwater fishing king salmon owners and staff world class fishing halibut snow capped mountains two chefs first class experience experienced pilot private island over the top minute boat ride each evening rock fish great memories bend over backwards
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Came back up to dove island lodge this summer and they did not disappoint as usual. This place is world class in terms of the quality of the facilities, rooms, dining and fishing. The float plane fly outs make you understand how great the lodge and Alaska really is.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was the ultimate Alaskan experience! Our group consisted of two couples and I can say we were extremely impressed & pleased with all aspects of our experience! The Lambeths & their staff were perfectly accommodating, but best of all we felt relaxed & right at home. Our float plan and river fishing (scenery!!!!) was over the top! The lodge and our rooms were awesome! I can't say enough about how friendly the family & staff were...our guides worked so hard! Our meals were impressive & it was so much fun to see everyone's daily trips on their large screen tv at the end of each dinner. I suggest the deep sea fishing which we also did , as well as the float plane & ATV trip. Phenomenal trip!!!!

Room Tip: We would have been happy in any of the rooms they offered!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kim b
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I am late in posting this review. We actually went in August 2012. I booked this trip for two couples and I was so worried if this was the right choice. Within minutes of meeting the staff and getting to the island, all fear was gone! Fishing = Fabulous, Food= Fabulous, and the entire experience was phenomenal. The only suggestion would be to definitely take some snacks. The evening meals are smaller portions for guys.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Pamscoot
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We absolutely love Dove Island Lodge! We have been there many times and have thoroughly enjoyed the ocean and fly fishing and the many other options and tours they provide. This time we choose November to just relax, enjoy the fabulous food, sit by the fire with a good book and enjoy the snow flakes out the large windows overlooking the ocean and gorgeous snow capped mountains in the back ground. We had the most wonderful boat trip in their landing craft to a remote enchanted island where Duane keeps several quads and off road vehicles which we rode through the fresh fallen snow, past creeks on ancient logging trails. Our most relaxed, gorgeous, and restful vacation ever. Duane & Tracie & staff do a fabulous job of anticipating your needs and providing the most spectacular home away from home. Their chefs are the absolute best!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Corlene
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first trip to Alaska, I can't even begin to say what a great place Dove Island Lodge is, Duane and his wife and all of the staff @the lodge treated us great, we had the ultimate fishing experiences, the flyouts were awesome, I was a bit nervous about the floatplane trips, but Duane is such an experienced pilot and put me at ease with his attention to safety, the flights were awesome being able to see the beautiful Alaskan wilderness by air and then landing and hiking to the backcountry with guide Vic, who was great. The 5 course dinners every night were spectacular, I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple