“Adventure in the Treetops!”
Review of Dove Island Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Dove Island Lodge
Ranked #3 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Sitka
Reviewed 30 August 2014

What an amazing place Duane and Tracy have created! My husband loves Alaska and has been to several fishing lodges and always wanted me to go with him....I finally said I would go IF I could choose the lodge....I chose Dove Island and it was WONDERFUL! I do not have a single negative comment to make about this beautiful place! The food was amazing, cooked to order breakfast and 5 course gourmet dinners, served in a room with a view! The lodge itself is on an island, off the coast of Sitka and is nestled in the trees. Furnishings are beautiful and very appropriate for the setting! We had the Rainbow Trout suite.....it was very spacious and very pretty. Nicole keeps everything running smoothly and Chad, her husband, is a top notch guide! I am not a fisher person but I went fly fishing 2 days and saltwater fishing 2 days and had a great adventure each day! Chad was very helpful and took good care of me! My two favorite things about the trip were the float plane rides, which were awesome, and returning to the dock each day! Upon your return to the lodge each afternoon, the boat or plane guests were met at the dock with warm towels and hot chocolate, spiked with marshmallow vodka! YUMMY!
This was a wonderful adventure that I would highly recommend !

Room Tip: Rainbow Trout Suite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cooker72

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My family and I did not stay at the Dove Island Lodge, but instead went for dinner. The service was impeccable from the very start. We were picked up at the main dock in town, and took a very short boat ride to the island. We were greeted by two waiters who had hot towels and beverages ready for us as we pulled in and escorted us to the dining cabin. The executive chef came out to greet us, all by name, and asked us if we had any dietary restrictions. He was prepared to make anything from raw, palio, vegan, vegeterian, etc. The dinner was delicious!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma w
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We just return from another great week at dove island. Fishing was great. Made some new friends in Ohio and California. Food and wine r as good as any restaurant in Dallas. Duane is building a new fitness center on the island. Already working 2015 schedule.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pmzman999
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I normally don't post a review, in fact this is my first, but what an experience. Dove Island and their staff, are nothing short of first class. I have been fortunate enough to travel many places, but this was by far my best trip EVER!! Every last detail has been thought out here to ensure that the guest is well taken care of. From the fishing to the meals, everything was done perfectly!! Not only will I never forget this experience, but I plan on now making this a yearly visit. I am still blown away with the quality of food, service, and fishing that was provided on our stay. Typically you find one or the other on these trips, but Dove Island has it all!! Dove Island brings a whole new meaning on getting what you pay for. I want to personally thank the Lambeth family, Nicole, and the entire staff, for allowing me to have and cherish a memory that I will never forget.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just loved our fishing trip to Dove Island. We met Dwayne in Panama fishing last year and wanted to try out his fishing lodge. What a great experience. Caught LOTS of fish, ate wonderful food, met interesting people and stayed in a beautiful lodge on an island off of Sitka, Their staff, chefs and guide's were spectacular. We would highly recommend this lodge to anyone who is looking for an above and beyond trip. It is not your run of the mill lodge. Get ready to be pampered!

Room Tip: All of the rooms or cottages are wonderful. Can't go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FLtravel0330
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Came back up to dove island lodge this summer and they did not disappoint as usual. This place is world class in terms of the quality of the facilities, rooms, dining and fishing. The float plane fly outs make you understand how great the lodge and Alaska really is.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was the ultimate Alaskan experience! Our group consisted of two couples and I can say we were extremely impressed & pleased with all aspects of our experience! The Lambeths & their staff were perfectly accommodating, but best of all we felt relaxed & right at home. Our float plan and river fishing (scenery!!!!) was over the top! The lodge and our rooms were awesome! I can't say enough about how friendly the family & staff were...our guides worked so hard! Our meals were impressive & it was so much fun to see everyone's daily trips on their large screen tv at the end of each dinner. I suggest the deep sea fishing which we also did , as well as the float plane & ATV trip. Phenomenal trip!!!!

Room Tip: We would have been happy in any of the rooms they offered!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends