“Great view but bad food!”
Review of Dock Shack

Dock Shack
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Sitka
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed sitting out on the waterfront and, after watching the salmon jumping all day, I decided to order a grilled salmon salad. The fish was overcooked and utterly tasteless, and the entire salad was drenched in a sweet glutinous dressing. I could barely eat it. Go to the Larkspur, just a few steps away for much better food!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Totem in and had supper at the Dock Shack. It was a gorgeous evening so sat out on the deck. Shared an appetizer of Calamari, which was tasty, although not much too it. The bowl was filled mostly with lettuce. My friend and I shared the halibut tacos, which were good, but again barely had any meat on them. The fish and chips were wonderful! Dessert was great. Very expensive, it was $22 for a halibut burger.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Arguably my grandsons have unusual tastes for their ages. However, the Dock Shack was the 5-year-old's favorite dining place. He loved the calamari and smoked salmon spread. (Note: they do offer a children's menu.) They had run out of onion rings when we first arrived, but they did get them back while we were visiting. BEST onion rings I have had. The location is awesome, and the wait staff very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

You can sit on their open porch and watch the harbor. Limited menu but a fine place to relax. New owners have just taken over, so it may change going forward.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

You pay alot of money for not that much food and the service is slow and not friendly at all! Not somewhere I will be going again.

2  Thank Samantha L