“Great view and food!”

Dock Shack
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Sitka
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Located in a hotel.... Nice enough for a casual meal. Large portions! Halibut bites were delicious....very generous appetizer serving! Nice view of harbor....there was a group of obnoxious men...using vulgar language....nothing was done about it my management..... Servers were very nice and competent!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We really wanted some seafood. I had the salad with salmon (very good) and my husband had the fish and chips (halibut I believe, so pretty good). We went there twice for dinner.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

View is fabulous. The restaurant is apparently owned or affiliated with the Westmark Hotel. The managers were at the Westmark when we went to the Dock Shack. The wait staff refused to serve us. They sneered when we approached for menus. We sat for thirty minutes an NO ONE came to our table. Two other tables were being served but for some unknown, bizarre reason the two waitresses ignored us. I asked for the manager and was told by the bartender that they were at the Westmark. We left but I will be back to make sure the manager knows what is going on while they are away.

2  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The Dock Shack was my last spot to eat at while I was in Sitka and wished I had gone more. The fried mushrooms with jalapeno was yummy. Artichoke Dip was ok but felt like it was missing something. I had the Halibut and chips, cooked perfect. Was really wanting a good fish and they delivered but only 3 pieces though. Everyone else in my party was pleased with there meals.
Service was good. A must try if in Sitka. Fish and chips are the best in town.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Why is it that there is such a strong relationship between great views and mediocre food? Stopped in because Ludvig's was closed. Figured the fish tacos were safe, but one could get better fish tacos at an elementary school in Oklahoma. The "taco" consisted of dry fish (not sure what it was - maybe halibut, but cooked beyond recognition) on a cold flour tortilla with shredded iceberg lettuce and diced store tomatoes. Just terrible. The side salad was not better, with wilted lettuce, shredded kraft cheese, and some type of off-the-shelf crouton. The service was fine, though English was clearly a challenge. There were only two tables full, which probably should have been a sign. This would be a nice place for a drink, but I'd avoid the food.