“Excellent Package deal”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Kingfisher Charters & Lodge
Ranked #2 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Sitka
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My friend and i just spent 4 days at this lodge and we had a phenomenal time. Our boat captain, Don, was very knowledgeable and took us to great fishing spots. We brought home 2 full boxes of mostly salmon, neatly packaged and frozen. All the staff at this lodge are very friendly and go out of their way to insure that your stay is pleasant. The food is very good and plentiful.
This was truly a package deal. They were waiting at the airport for our arrival, had our fishing license all prepared, took us to town at our request for sightseeing.
A very professional, well run operation

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LoveSanDiego

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was my first visit to Alaska and first salmon fishing trip. The Kingfisher Lodge made it one of the most pleasant and memorable trips I've ever taken. Don't go if you don't want to catch fish and have everything taken care of so you can just relax and have fun. Every detail is covered and the staff are absolutely the best. Excellent meals. Nobody ever gets lost or left behind or slips through a crack. They are always paying attention from the time you arrive until they help you check in with your boxes of portioned and frozen salmon, halibut and rock fish. They even noticed that my friend's airline schedule had been changed by the airline! He had not been informed by phone or email, but the people at Kingfisher got him to the airport on time! Just go!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mmikey1597
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This lodge has it all, and the staff takes care of everything.From the moment they pick you up from the airport, till the time you're dropped off. And, it's very professional, well managed and done with a smile.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TrueDaddy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

First, before planning my trip, I read all the GLOWING reviews about Kingfisher. I said to myself, no place can be that good. Boy was I right....it was actually BETTER! Yes, BETTER. This was my first experience at a fishing lodge (lodge is really a misnomer) and it completely surpassed all my expectations. The service was great, the food even better. The lodgings were more like a condo than a "lodge" and the fishing was unbelievable. 3 days fishing (2 with Cpt Aaron) and limits (2 per day) of Kings every day. Halibut, well in one day, at one point, we pulled in nearly 500 pounds of halibut (142, 135, 108, 99 all released) in about a 20 minute span. Then landed 4 more "keepers" (all at or just below 44"). No one would believe me if I didn't have video and pictures to prove it. 3 days and we each brought home almost 2 boxes of salmon and halibut filets, not to mention the assorted Yellow Eye, Lingcod, bass & rockfish. I could go on and on, but I won't. But here is the absolute best recommendation I can tell you about and what actually impressed me the most.......one of the guys on my boat, it was his 10th year in a row. Another was on his 8th year, 5th, 7th, 4th, no matter who you talked to, if it wasn't their first, it was a multiple year visit. THAT is the best recommendation. There are too many options for your hard earned dollars. People would not keep coming back if it wasn't fantastic. Don't waste you time and money elsewhere, go to Kingfisher for an A+ experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank DaveM5509
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We have had a great experience here at Kingfisher. The staff are all wonderful and friendly. The accommodations are more than we expected. We thought it would just a like a hotel room. It actually like an apartment with 2 bedrooms (there are 4 of us) 2 bathrooms, kitchen, and living room area. They pick you up at the airport, take you directly to the stores to get your liquor and mixers. The lodge is all-inclusive except for alcohol. They will take you into town anytime you want. Very accommodating.

We came to fish and were not disappointed. Our captain, Mike, on his boat the Baranof was great to us. Allowed the guys to work the tackle and downriggers. In our experience this is pretty unusual because they are usually afraid you are going to mess things up. Mike also let us tell him what we wanted to do and when each day. His boat is nice an big and comfortable. Can't say enough nice things about Mike and his boat. I understand that all the captains are good, but Mike was exceptional.

The food at the lodge is awesome! They deliver appetizers to your apartment every night and they are excellent. Teriyaki black cod tips. Excellent shrimp with herbs, garlic, and olive oil. Rock cod quesadillas. And tonight marinated beef skewers.

Dinners always have 2 - 3 options and have included NY strips, cheeseburgers, fried rock fish, BBQ ribs, and lamb ribs.

Breakfasts are good too. On various days the different meats have been sausages, bacon, and ham. Biscuits and gravy. Scrambled eggs. Bacon and cheese croissants. Breakfast burritos. Fresh fruit. They have baggies available to take things on the boats if you aren't an early morning eater.

Lunches for the boat are included. Great sandwiches everyday with chips and a cookie.

Room Tip: The top floors are the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank robin m
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is my second trip to this place. The accommodations are great, the service fantastic, and the fishing superb! Our boat captain, Dave , was incredible. He knew where the fish were and we caught a lot. Filled the new freezer we had bought before we went. EVERYTHING is included. They are true fishing professionals and you will not be disappointed. The food is great, fresh, and super delish. Will be back when we run out of fish.

Room Tip: You won't need any tips to have a great time!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maricolleen
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I just came back from Sitka, Alaska and one of the best trips ever! Kingfisher Lodge picked us up at the airport, gave us top of the line accommodations, served us three meals (and snacks) a day, and took us to fishing places where everyone was successful. The fish is cleaned, filleted, frozen, and packed for you. I brought home so much fish, I filled my freezer. The people who work at Kingfisher are great and everyone wants your experience to be awesome. It was! I highly recommend this lodge for a fishing trip you will never forget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends