“Excellent food, nice view, service OK” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 40 Restaurants in Sitka
Price range: US$16 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Sitka, Alaska
“Excellent food, nice view, service OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The food has become borderline excellent with the new chef! The wine list is forgettable. The service is better the second time we went. But the food is great! The fish entries have been the best in Sitka consistently. The venue is unassuming and loud. The food is soo good I recommend reservations. Reservations were never needed in the last! The staff if friendly they just need help. I hope they can keep this chef in Sitka.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kruzoff

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic Food and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great food, atmosphere, and friendly staff. Chef Edith is amazing. We ate there multiple nights and don't have a negative thing to say!! You must try their homemade pizza on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Karen B
Cahors
“Our best meal in Sitka”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

A chef that can cook !! We had an excellent dinner with attentive, friendly service. A very popular restaurant so one must book in advance !! Breakfast is also good but not quite up to the standard of dinner.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Alan L
Newport Beach, California
“Poorly managed Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I travel in and out of Alaska quite often. I used to stay at the Fly In Fish Inn, it is a nice waterfront property. However, ever since the one brother took it over, Ken, it has become a joke. The newest chef seems to think she's all that but the food is sooo slow coming out to the tables. The prices are ridiculous and the food isn't all that great. They run their staff into the ground and treat them terribly. The owner and his girlfriend are frequently seen sitting at the bar drunk and behave badly. I have stopped going there and my company no longer reserves rooms there for employees or for our clients. I like to talk to the locals where ever I travel and most of the people I have spoken to say they will never set foot in there again. That says a lot. Apparently the Inn is facing foreclosure so it might not be open for much longer anyway.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Curt H
Franklin, Tennessee
“Post Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Recently had dinner here and do not know why I had not discovered it in years past - very nice little restaurant overlooking Sitka Harbor. Really enjoyed my experience - went with a couple, with whom I was fishing - had baked halibut and the couple had both seafood and chicken - we liked it a lot. I will return year after year from now on. Recommend!

• Visited June 2014