“Spectacular Location”

Sea Mountain Golf Course
Ranked #27 of 37 Outdoor Activities in Sitka
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived at the restaurant at 2:15, which turned out to be 15 minutes past the posted time interval for lunch. Oops. The waitress checked with the cook and said we could have lunch anyway, which we appreciated. The food was the usual salads and sandwiches; the salad was ordinary (iceberg lettuce that was too wet) but my sandwich was better (on a flavorful, substantial bun) and my husband enjoyed his halibut fish and chips, which were perfectly crispy on the outside They also had a good selection of local beers.

What really made this special was that the waitress offered us a chance to drive around the course in a gold cart- no charge. This may have been unusual, so don't count on it, but we had a good chance to explore the course and the magnificent views. When I returned I thanked the waitress and told her this was my first time driving a golf cart. Instead of freaking out because I'd used one of their carts with no experience, she congratulated me for being so adventurous. (Let the record show that I returned it with no new scratches.)

This is a nice, quite place a little out of the way from the city, well worth a visit.

1  Thank AThena53

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a day off from fishing so we played the 9 hole Sea Mountain Golf Course. One of the most challenging golf courses I have ever played. Check out some of the pics!

2  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Great Alaska course - the views are exceptional. This is not Palm Springs - but is a fun adventure. Local color is fabulous

2  Thank sitkawanderer
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Golf Club offers a free pick and return if you eat there which is good as it is a bit out of town for those who don't have a car. We had steaks which were cooked to perfection.

1  Thank Edna1234
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We ask the locals where a good place to eat would be. We were not disappointed. Very good food and service.