“OK food but Over Priced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Westmark Sitka

Westmark Sitka
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Sitka
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Littleton, Colorado
“OK food but Over Priced!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate here on a recent trip to Sitka looking for a decent meal and were a little disappointed. We ordered lasagna and halibut for our entrees and both were underwhelming. The lasagna was lacking in flavor and the halibut was a little over cooked, but too bad. I will say that the portions were very good, but they just did not taste that great. We came to figure that maybe this was not the place to eat at as we were the only customers in the dining room during the entire time it took us to eat our meals (6pm). Considering we were the only customers, the service was a lacking. I personally thought that we were an inconvenience to our waitress and were just taking up her time. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but we definitely did not feel welcome. on a positive note, the view from the restaurant was good as you could see the bay and mountains. Based on the over priced, average quality food, we will likely not be dining here in the future.

• Visited June 2014

Banks, Oregon
“Don't eat the King Crab Legs!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were on the Holland America Cruise Ship Amsterdam last week and stopped in Sitka. Beautiful town! We were hungry and saw the restaurant. It had outside dinning and a great view of the town, so we thought we would eat there. We each (4 of us) had their clam chowder. Wonderful! My wide and I decided to split the King Crab (on the menu for $50) and our friends decided to have the fish & chips ($25). When our food came, the crab came, you could tell it had been frozen too long. It was tough and stringy. The dipping sauce (which should be just melted butter) was absolutely awful! We all tried it and it tasted like melted Crisco! We complained and were told that's there special recipe. Well, they better get a new recipe. It had to be rancid. The fish & chips were good. If you go...just stay away from the King Crab! Overpriced and not good!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank orbuck
Connecticut
“Halibut and Chips”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The halibut and chips were wonderful. There is a pleasant view. Service was good. I didn't have to change out of my jeans.

Visited June 2014
Redmond, Oregon
“ok burger”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

for the price I guess I just expected more. I got a mushroom swiss burger...the burger was good the cheese not melted and I counted 5 pieces of mushroom. if you go and have a burger I suggest you get just a burger nothing special on it.

• Visited July 2014
Moss Point, Mississippi
“Great clam chowder and halibut!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

If you want great clam chowder or halibut nuggets and chips, this is the place to Go! Great ambience, you feel like you're in a fancy schmancy place, but bc this is a tourist town with people here to do outdoorsy adventures, you can go in with whatever you're wearing! Nice restaurant, great service.

Visited May 2014