“Ludvig's Paella”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great atmosphere and the service was superb. The paella was the best that I have ever had, full of fresh seafood with no shells to worry about.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent 4 nights in Sitka, and this was by far the best meal we had. We did not have reservations the night we went, but got lucky with the last 2 seats at the bar. Nice, cozy atmosphere and great ambiance. The food was amazing, though very expensive. Good wine selection. Had black cod tips as an appetizer, salmon for my dinner and my partner had steak. Both meals were wonderful. We had 2 glasses of wine each, our bill was $150. It was a splurge but no regrets!

1  Thank lorij562
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Looking for excellent food? This is the place. We found the food, ambiance and the service to be well worth the visit. It is a small restaurant so reservations are a must. I had a wonderful duck salad and my husband had the paella.
The little tapas area upstairs (owned by the same folks) is a great option for a light meal and wine. We went there too on another night.

1  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This popular restaurant is tiny, only about 20 seats, so reservations are essential. I suggest calling, since my email was not answered. Other reviewers complained about not having enough elbow room in the small space, but my husband and I actually enjoyed the cozy atmosphere. The young lady tending to us was the sweetest, most enthusiastic server we ever had. The food was outstanding. My husband had the paella, I chose the Ivory King. Both meals were expertly prepared with complex flavors. Given, at $140 for two people (including wine, beer and gratuity) it was certainly the most expensive meal we had in a restaurant, but it was also one of the best. Considering the remote location and freshness of the ingredients - money well spent! I highly recommend dining here.

1  Thank AuroraAlaska
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I love this place. You definitely need a reservation as it is very small, but it is worth it! Great service, amazing food, wonderful selection. My favourite place on the island.