“Reserve your table and get in there!”
Review of Ludvig's Bistro

Ludvig's Bistro
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Sitka
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Intimate and extraordinary. The chef and her assistant were working side by side in the kitchen making magic happen like a well oiled machine. Culinary ballet. The servers seemed to really appreciate each other, the place and enjoy what they do (and do it well!) Yummy Bread with a spicy lovely garlicky dipping oil. We were seated at the bar/counter, as we didn't have reservation, but none-the-less had a fabulous meal. The Grilled Pear Salad (with Feta and a Raspberry Vinaigrette) - out of this world. My sweetie had the King Salmon with Rice Pilaf and Asparagus. I went for warm and cozy, with a Linguini dish with Prosciutto and Andouille - I did a take-home box for most of the very generous portion (and had enough to feed two of us the following night!) - mostly so I could dive into one of the desserts. Worth it times ten. We shared the Flan - served with Caramel and a dusting of Decaf Espresso. Truly a masterpiece. Entrees may seem pricey, but it was by far the best meal/experience we've had in a long time.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great food, wonderful atmosphere, service, and owners are wonderful! Fresh seafood, great wine and desserts! The little wine bar upstairs, "Rio's" has great wine and tapas too. Can't say enough about this place. Make reservations though, they are small and fill up quick!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This place gets great reviews, so we tried it. The neighborhood is kind of junky - you're not paying for the local ambience. We had a reservation, but it didn't help us get a "good" table. We were squeezed into a space that should have been an area for the waitstaff to walk through. Barely room to squeeze into our chairs. The price for the food was high, even for Alaska. That all said, the food was excellent and generous. To avoid the $40+ entrees, I had salad, my husband had chowder, and we shared a tapas plate of scallops and another of grilled asparagus, and we drank water. (Still cost $80.) Everything was superb, so I guess it was worth the cost and crowded conditions. But I don't think I'd go again.

2  Thank LenoreH588
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Shared a special meal with our son & Family when visiting them in Sitka for the Christmas holidays. A very Merry Christmas indeed!

1  Thank Faith M
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations of this place. But was very disappointed by the quality of the food, the seafood was not cooked well, average quality food for a fine dining resterant. Best was the bread and olive oil.

3  Thank lorensmith