“Great Service and fishing trip!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sitka
Wild Strawberry Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sitka
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just went on the best fishing trip ever!!! The fishing was great, but what made the trip special was the attentive staff on the boats and at the lodge. The service was amazing! While staying at the lodge, there was always someone walking around checking to see if you needed anything from cookies and desserts to drinks. On the boat, the captain and the mate were attentive to our needs and we caught our limits every day. Would highly recommend and look forward to going back in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steve M

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just spent 3 days fishing and staying at wild strawberry. I've stayed at 4 star resorts before and have never had the service that I got here.
The boat captain (Jeff) and deck hand (trustin) were amazing. They were working non stop to make us look like real fisherman. The house staff did our laundry drove us anywhere we wanted to go, made us unlimited amounts of great cookies.
Anything we wanted or needed was taken care of.
They run a great operation at wild strawberry.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank WestsideLaGuy
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Have traveled to Alaska for more than 30 years, fished all over the state both fresh and salt water from Bristol Bay to South East.

Re: Wild Strawberry Lodge, I'm a happy repeat customer, and cant wait to go back.

Great seafood and traditional dishes, Theresa and Johnnie run a high quality, well organized operation that reflects their emphasis on taking care of clients. They employ happy, attentive staff Can't get better than that. And the fishing is great too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank wyomingart
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Alaska Premier Charters/Wild Strawberry Lodge has always provided me with a superior experience focused on customer service. However, they really went the extra mile this trip to help my dad and I to have the best "father/son trip" that I've had in a while.

On top of four epic days of fishing, we stayed in our favorite facility at the lodge, the cabin. The Chef, Joseph, heard us talking about sashimi and prepared some for us as an appetizer on the following day. It's things like this, on top of the relentless focus on customer service that make us come back year after year.

Thanks APC staff for giving us another trip with great memories and stories to reminisce about until our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Coming from Arizona, my family thought it was going to be freezing. Well let's just say it was better than baking in the desert. The entire experience from getting picked up at the airport till the day we left was truly memorable. Even on the worst day of weather (30 knot gusts, 10 ft waves, & rain), our hard working captain (Dylan) and his brother/DH (Dave) put us right on the fish. Theresa and the staff at the lodge bend over backwards to deliver first class service... I'm not sure if they even sleep :) The food was excellent and the coffee/tea bar was a lifesaver. I could go on and on about how great this place is, but if you are on the fence about booking a reservation at this place just do it! Awesome people, fishing, lodge and town. Already planning our return to Sitka.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Zach H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Living and traveling all over Alaska, I have stayed in quite a few hotels,motels and lodges. Nothing comes close to my stay here at The Wild Strawberry Lodge. The rooms have all the amenities one could ask for including boot dryers which is a welcome well thought out feature.The rooms which are brand new have a kitchenette,comfy and clean bedding as well as being very roomy with new appliances.
The staff made you feel right at home. I was always greeted by name and with a smile. The meals were first class, with desserts to die for.
I was here for business but did manage a day off for fishing. The boats were clean, fast and newer models.The captain and deckhand greeted me by name and must have had eyes in the back of their heads as I never once baited a hook or undid a tangle in my line.They had six people per boat which left plenty of room for fishing and I was never crowded. The captain was very knowledgeable knowing the area well. He had us right on the Kings. ( I caught 2 missed a couple more) I also caught halibut and rockfish.The fish were taken care of immediately which is key to making for good table-fare.
Like the rest, my only complaint was that I could not stay longer. Thanks so much Theresa and staff for the little taste of heaven at the Wild Strawberry Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank AlaskaGuide1
Reviewed 24 May 2014

From the moment we were picked up at the Sitka Airport by Wendy until we were taken back to the Airport by the owner Teresa, every experience at The Wild Strawberry Lodge was Exceptional.
The Lodge was in a beautiful setting surrounded by mountains, ocean and trees that were frequented with more eagles then I had ever seen at one time. The rooms we stayed in were so pretty and comfortable with every amenity we needed and more, including a kitchen. We all slept like babies after days filled with fishing, sight seeing, shopping and eating some of the best food we have had in ages. I could go on and on about the strawberry shortcake, cinnamon rolls, boston cream pie, homemade bread, a variety of delicious salads, barbecue ribs and the best salmon, halibut and cod we've ever eaten. My husband has been going on about the great fishing on the "Full House" with Captain Jeff and Mate Trustin. They did all the hard work and everyone learned a lot from them.The Boat ride was one of the highlights of my trip and seeing whales,sea lions and otters was so much fun. We brought home lots of fish we are sharing....
The staff at Wild Stawberry Lodge are all amazing. They couldn't do enough for us and always went the extra mile; including finding crutches for one of our party who fell to bringing crackers and ginger ale to ladies that weren't feeling too good. One of the ladies with us said "I can't find one thing wrong." We all agreed completely. We are planning on visiting The Wild Strawberry Lodge again....and staying longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends