Review Highlights
First Time Fishing Alaska-Outstanding

Reviewed 24 August 2018
SACRABEDH
El Dorado Hills, California
Capt'n Tony has no quit in his blood

Reviewed 18 June 2018
Mark A
Orange Park, Florida

All reviews filet fishing trip chuck carmen productive captain boat alaska
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This was the first time my son and friends have fished Sitka, The 3 day fishing trip did not disappoint us. Capt. Tony and his family made sure we had a great and productive trip. Anthony (Tony) as his mother prefers to call him, is quite the fish whisper. He knows where to go and how to get them. One problem we had was catching fish that were too big and we had to let them go but we managed to bring home more fish than we have ever imagined. We also got a nice workout and bragging rights on the ones that got away.
Accommodations were at their B&B which includes all meals, transportation and a good family experience. They make sure you are happy and we definitely were.
We got to enjoy our fishing adventure on their new boat which is a little bigger than their other one. This family charter is first rate and we hope to fish again. Highly recommended. Thank you, Anthony (Tony), Carmen (Nana), Chuck, Ashley and the kids for making this a memorable fishing experience. We even got to take in a championship tournament softball game.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Anthony, you and your family support each other as all families should. You and your father (Chuck) designed a great fish catching machine (Mosasaurus). Thank you for your family hospitality and an outstanding fishing trip! This was the best catching experience we have had in Alaska thanks to you.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is a review of a trip in 2016 and sorry Tony I did not post earlier. I take my hat off to Tony, he's a top notch captain. He would not quit until all of us had our limits. Started off early on the kings and picked up a few silver bonus fish on the troll. Then off to the halibut grounds where we got wore out. Everyone with nice limits then off for some bottom fishing to pick up more fish. Excellent! One day with Tony and I had my 50 lbs of fillets to ship home. Which by the way were waiting for me at the airport the morning we left. I had enough fillets to leave the extra with the group I fished with. 50 lbs was plenty to ship home. Everything got back to Florida still frozen.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My father, son, 2 friends and I booked a 5 night 4 day fishing trip in late July/early August and stayed with Anthony's parents at their B&B. We were treated like family. The entire family was friendly and generous with their time and attention. The fishing was outstanding. I think we caught 10 different species of fish. Anthony did a great job of putting us on fish and he and Chuck cleaned and vacuum packed the fish each evening. Each of us brought home 2 full boxes of fillets of just under 50lbs each. It was one of the best fishing trips as well as one of the most enjoyable vacations I've ever taken.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

I have been on a few guided fishing trips, but nothing has come close to the Capt'n Tony's Charters experience. First class all the way, from the time they picked us up at the airport till we were dropped back off. Chuck, Carmen, and Anthony(aka Capt'n Tony) treated us like we had been friends for years. The bed and breakfast is very clean and comfortable, the food was five star, and the family atmosphere was an added bonus. Anthony is a top-notch guide. His patients with us was very professional, always positive and reassuring when we would lose a fish because of our abilities. Capt'n Tony's Charters is a must if you go to Sitka, AK.

1  Thank Kit C
Reviewed 8 July 2016

Capt'n Tony's Charters was one of the most relaxing and productive fishing adventures I've ever experienced. The B&B was actually one floor of the owners house; complete with kitchen, dining area, living area, bed rooms, and baths. Chuck and his wife Carmen live on another floor and take care of all of your creature comforts; breakfast, lunch on the boat, dinner, taxi service, etc. Their son, Anthony (Capt'n Tony) runs the boat which is a 30 footer with a huge fishing area. Anthony is a fish finder master, we were "on fish" all day, every day. I left Sitka with 6 king Salmon, 12 Silvers, a Yellow Eye, and 3 halibut, 120 pounds of filets total. Anthony was wonder in the patience department, always cool, and supportive of his client's needs. And to top it all off, the price is a bargain. Book this if you can. it must be the best deal in Alaska. I'm going again.

1  Thank Joseph Z
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Awesome! Really goes the extra mile to make sure you catch fish and have a great time
When I said I never saw a whale he asked other fisherman for whale alerts in area and drove around searching after fishing
Didn't see one but he hooked us up with a great tour that did
Plus caught some great fish!

Reviewed 28 June 2015

WOW, what a great fishing adventure, my son and I fished with Captain Tony for three days and limited on Kings and Halibut by 1pm each day. Other boats around us were struggling to hook up with the Kings. Not our boat.
Plenty of great food prepared by Carmin who runs the B&B where you stay and great snacks on the boat as well. We enjoyed meeting the family and the town of Sitka. Chuck will take you to town whenever you like, and although we elected to eat with the family each night there are some good restaurants in town as well.
This is not a five star resort, but if you want and like to fish, this is the place for you. We will be back. PS My son and I each shipped back 100#, so pack lite. FISH ON!

2  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

My wife and I booked charter to try to send some fish home. Boy did we send fish home. Tony started out near "the rocks" same as.many other charters
After about an hour, he decided fish had moved and moved where he thought they might be. (Nope, I am not saying). Had lit on kings in less than 30inutes
Thenotored through some rougher water to limit on halibut, a keeper.lingcod rockfish and a huge O topus. Called it quits and went into town for lunch! Tony is extremely quiet and you therefore must contact lu ask questions. He eventually opens up but should do so quicker to make customers feel welcome.
If I am lucky enough to get back to sitka, I wii defiantly book with Tony again
Forgot to mention, his father picked us up where we were staying and offered to drive us back there at the end of the trip. SERVICE!

4  Thank rwmorgan48
Reviewed 2 June 2015

This is the ultimate fishing bargain in Alaska. We limited on King Salmon, Halibut, and Rockfish each of our three days fishing. Tony works hard to ensure everyone is safe and he knows the fishery well. This is an intimate experience where you lodge and eat with the Captain's family. There are lots of fishing and hunting stories to be shared by this quintessential Alaskan family. The food was simple yet elegant and tasty. You never will go hungry here. From Carmen's homemade salmon spread to Halibut Olympia, you will never be disappointed. I recommend this trip to everyone. It's relaxing in a laid back atmosphere away from the crowds of the larger lodges.

1  Thank WHWarner