We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Sitka and this B&B at the end of May 2011. Alaska Oceanview is located in a residential neighborhood between the AMHS ferry dock and the downtown area and a short cab ride to the airport. Carole Denkinger, the owner, works hard to make sure guests' individual preferences are met.
We stayed in the Forget-Me-Not room, the smallest of the three rooms, with a very comfortable queen-size bed, flat screen cable TV with VCR, Bose radio, free WIFI, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, terry robes, slippers, and direct access to the outdoor hot tub. The large, ensuite bathroom had a tub with shower. Carole stocks the bath with toiletries and large, fluffy towels.
On the main floor there is a large living room and breakfast area with a deck, a lending library of VCR tapes and tons of travel books Internet access for guests without their own computer is free.
There were always snacks and freshly baked cookies around for guests to munch on. Breakfasts were generous with a variety of cold cereals, pastries and a different hot dish each day. Again, guests' individual dietary preferences are taken into account.
The house is filled with interesting art, knick-knacks and many books about Alaska. Carole will arrange cabs, tours, fishing trips, suggest restaurants etc. on request. We had her arrange transportation from the ferry terminal and to the airport for us.
We walked back and forth the downtown area several times but a cab ride would not be very expensive for those who don't wish to walk. There is a large supermarket a short distance away.
For travelers who enjoy B&B's, Alaska Oceanview is a comfortable place to stay in Sitka. By the way, is customary in Alaska to leave shoes, boots at the door and wear slippers or socks in the house. There's a bench inside the front hall where guests can remove their shoes and a basket full of slippers for guest use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitka, Alaska has a wide variety of outdoor activities and tours available to visitors including but not limited to hiking, biking, whale watching, and salmon fishing. This inn provides romantic lodging accommodations in a quiet neighborhood of Sitka, Alaska, just one block from both the seashore and the Tongass National Forest. Alaska Ocean View Bed and Breakfast is a pet friendly, smoke free inn with an outdoor patio hot tub spa available to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alaska Ocean View Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaska Ocean View b&b
- Alaska Ocean View Hotel Sitka
- Alaska Ocean View Bed & Breakfast Inn Sitka