This B & B - owned & operated by Carole & Bill Denkinger is 'the cats meow' !
They are the perfect host n' hostess ... it is apparent they have thot of everything that travelers might need / desire - and they are both very upbeat & interesting people.
The room we stayed in (The Sitka Rose) was nicely decorated - comfy & 'warm' - with a HUGE kingsize bed that you melt into.
This is in a quiet central location - we rented a car (Avis gives a discount if you stay here) - and/but - you can walk into town.
The FULL breakfasts are 'gourmet' quality - due to the excellence of Chef Wilhelm ! = fresh fruit/s - abelskivers - German pancakes - waffles - muffins - granolas - muesli - yogurts - juice ... the works ! Annnd good 'stout' java !
And... I should mention - the collection of Native American art & crafts is like a mini-museum = awesome !
This was a perfect place to continue & have the finale to our 50th anniversary trip to Alaska !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitka, Alaska has a wide variety of outdoor activities and tours available to visitors including but not limited to hiking, biking, whale watching, and salmon fishing. This inn provides romantic lodging accommodations in a quiet neighborhood of Sitka, Alaska, just one block from both the seashore and the Tongass National Forest. Alaska Ocean View Bed and Breakfast is a pet friendly, smoke free inn with an outdoor patio hot tub spa available to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Alaska Ocean View Bed & Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaska Ocean View Hotel Sitka
- Alaska Ocean View b&b
- Alaska Ocean View Bed & Breakfast Inn Sitka