“accommodating and has a/c”
Review of Super 8 Sitka

Super 8 Sitka
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sitka
nolaqueen
“accommodating and has a/c”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Very few hotels in Ak, have an a/c but this one does and it was so nice and cold. I like to turn on just for air movement so it doesn't get stuffy. Our ferry didn't leave untill around 10pm and manager let us pay half so we didn't have to check out at 11am with nothing to do. The town is pretty small and after a couple of days, we had seen everything. So it was nice to be able to just relax before heading back to the ferry.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nolaqueen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights.
The staff was pleasant and helpful.
The room was quite good but what we really liked was the in-room safe for valuables which is operated by a user PIN.
Breakfast was really basic with cereals etc. and the only place to eat it was on your lap in the extremely small foyer or take it back to your room.
The hotel is in a very central location but the downside is that it is located adjacent to a roundabout which creates a lot of traffic noise in the morning with people setting off and arriving for work.
Perhaps a room at the far end of the building may not be as noisy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NormanND
Keaau, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 January 2009

I made my reservation by calling the chain's 1-800 number. I'm constantly on the road for business and I stay in hotels an average of 45 nights per year. Due to my experience with this Super 8 I will *never* stay at one of their properties again.

When I made my reservation they explained their cancellation policy, which I clearly understood because as already mentioned, I stay in hotels all the time.

The day before I was scheduled to check into the hotel I had to go to the emergency room. Even though I was in the ER I managed to call the hotel directly and cancel my reservation. OR SO I THOUGHT. The next month as I was reviewing my credit card bill I noticed a charge from the SUPER 8. Since I had cancelled my reservation FROM A HOSPITAL EMERGENCY ROOM I figured it was some kind of mistake. The person who answered the phone was either drunk or retarded and kept repeating herself that since I made my reservation online there was no way I could have cancelled it by calling their property. What?! I hadn't made my reservation online.

I called the chain's corporate headquarters and talked to their billing department. They told me I had to take it up with the local property. Needless to say I started the credit card dispute process after that.

This hotel defrauded me. They ripped me off. They cannot be trusted. They treat their potential guests like garbage and lie to their corporate office. I will never stay at any Super 8 hotel for as long as I continue to live.

• Liked — Nothing! Stay away!
  • Disliked — They stole my money.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank terracore
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 25 August 2007

nice big, clean room, just what we ordered. great DSL, staff was very helpful and kind. no shuttle available.

• Liked — just what we ordered at a good price
  • Disliked — traffic noise when window was open.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank TraveLand
Reviewed 17 June 2004

The Super 8 was in a very convenient location, only a few blocks from the main shopping and tourists areas. The airport and ferry shuttles make scheduled stops here. There is a toast bar in the morning and a coffee and tea bar which is 24 hours. The refrigerator in the room was an added bonus. It is a simple hotel, but clean and the staff is also friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2004