“Poor food good service”

Typical Sicilian Ristorante
Ranked #37 of 329 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The owner, Claudia, could not have been more accommodating. The food both gluten free (no wheat, rye barley) and regular meals were excellent. The The grilled articholk
“Poor food good service”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Grilled artichoke too lemony farmer's pasta was mush bolognese poor meatball no cheese sausage steamed good service

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great sicilian food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

"Typical" is a great southern Italian restaurant. All food is cooked to order so there can be a wait and they do not take reservations for a party of less than six.

• Visited March 2014
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Incredible food. Service when they lost my credit card - HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I took a few friends out to their original spot a few years back and the food was authentic and perfect. The whole experience was great until the waitress misplaced my credit card. The waitress was very apologetic and was looking everywhere. Then from nowhere the owner came to our table, her first words were, "you'll get your card back, it's not a big deal, no one here stole it? Pay the waitress with cash or another card, if your card is found it will be mailed to you, pay now". Yes sir. That was the owner. No one at our table was ever even concerned! It's has to be somewhere. The owner made a scene and a big deal when their wasn't one to begin with. I was on the phone cancelling the card when the waitress realized my card fell into her apron pocket somehow. She felt bad but I felt worst for her. The waitress was amazed I gave her a very large tip. I told her she should look elsewhere for work, your too good to be here.
I saw the Kitchen from the restaurant where they moved FROM! I was mortifying to say the least. The smell was gross. Thick dark build up of grossness.
It's too bad because after more than ten years I still remember how the food was just so great. The food was that good.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank TestarossaRob
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent all around ”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant when we were visiting family about a year ago and then made sure to come back. We frequent many high end Italian restaurants and we feel the food at this restaurant is right on the top of our list. I will say the wait can be a bit long and the size of the restaurant is very small. A suggestion is to visit during the week and to avoid the weekends. You will not be disappointed with the food!

1 Thank mpteacher
Enfield, Connecticut
“Not going there anymore!!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The food was good, but the wait for our food and the waiters were terrible. Although the food is fresh, my daughter and I had to wait 30 minutes for our food and my husband had to wait longer than that. We had a bad experience last time we went, but decided to give it another chance. Never going back!!!!!

• Visited December 2013