“You're going to love it!”

Typical Sicilian Ristorante
Ranked #32 of 329 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The owner, Claudia, could not have been more accommodating. The food both gluten free (no wheat, rye barley) and regular meals were excellent. The The grilled articholk
Springfield, Massachusetts
“You're going to love it!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Family run business, with a great chef and atmoshpere, and huge portions. You'll be bringing some home for lunch - and it's still great. If I had to pick my favorite restaurant - this is it.

• Visited August 2014

West Springfield, Massachusetts
“My favorite restaurant in Western MA”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here for years and I'm finally writing a review after having an amazing birthday dinner experience. First off this is fresh Sicilian food that you will not find anywhere like it in Western MA! You are treated like family, and we are felt welcome every time we come here. The food is extremely delicious and freshly cooked to order and special to your liking. To start we love the calamari and also the pizzetta of the day. For entrees, I can't seem to steer away from the Veal Parmigiana although other favorites are the Chicken Milanese which is served with homemade chip styled potatoes and veggies, and the classic Penne Typical which is a pasta dish infused with chicken, spinach and garlic with the well known typical sauce which is cheesy, garlicky, and creamy with a touch of teriyaki to please ones palate. Along with dinners you are complimented with a fresh salad served with homemade dressings. My favorite is the Gorgonzola dressing. Save room for dessert because the tiramisu is to die for! For drink of choice I always get the cappuccino martini ( my opinion the best one in the area)which is made with fresh espresso by the well known mixologist Nate whom we love, especially our five year old. The service is always top notch and the food and drink is ALWAYS consistent and fresh to order! Thank you for making my birthday extra special! We love Typical!!!!!!!!!

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Excellent Italian, Always consistent”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Last night was probably my 25th visit to TS but I have never reviewed it because I tend to only write reviews for places I travel to. However, I realize that people traveling to our area need to know about this awesome restaurant. (totally unselfish move on my part because I really don't want the wait to get longer) I am Italian and am rarely impressed by a red sauce in a restaurant. I actually crave the red sauce here. Last night I enjoyed their pork milanese as much as I always do. It is a favorite. There risotto balls, artichoke francaise and Pasta Typical never disappoint. Food is made to order but you never feel like it takes forever. Their homemade salad dressings are fantastic! Mix them together for a special treat! TS is a family owned restaurant and some of the non-family wait staff have been there for years, which should speak volumes for the knowledgeable, friendly service. My only gripe is that the main dining room is sometimes warm, I prefer to sit at the new bar anyway.

• Visited July 2014
“Poor food good service”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Grilled artichoke too lemony farmer's pasta was mush bolognese poor meatball no cheese sausage steamed good service

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Great sicilian food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

"Typical" is a great southern Italian restaurant. All food is cooked to order so there can be a wait and they do not take reservations for a party of less than six.

• Visited March 2014