“5 Star” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Springfield
Lethbridge, Canada
“5 Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Very clean rooms, friendly staff, quiet at night. We will stay there again. I would recommended the Hilton Garden Inn to others. Many services available on sight, pool, restaurant, fitness room, internet access, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Kelly P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at the HGI Springfield for one night while on a business trip.

The hotel is part of the basketball HOF complex. If you are using a Garmin, be sure to drive past the HOF (can't miss it - big basketball on the roof) and the HGI will be on your right. There is plenty of free parking.

The check in was fine and I was given a suite on the 6th floor. I had reserved the suite because I think this is the only room category that has a whirlpool in the room. I knew I'd want a whirlpool after driving a lot! The suite was enormous. There is a wetbar, TV, desk, couch, and powder room in the livingroom area, along with a large coat closet. The bedroom has another closet, a comfy chair, TV, and king bed. There was plenty of storage space. The bathroom had the promised jacuzzi tub along with a walk in shower. While I know this is not the standard room type, it was not that much more than the regular rooms. My only "complaint" is that the room needs additional lighting. It definitely needs a light above the wetbar where the mini-fridge and coffeemaker is located.

I walked across the parking lot for dinner at the sports bar near the HOF (Samuels?). The food and service were quite good. Some of the best beef tips I've ever had (in gorgonzola sauce yum!). There is a little walkway that is well lit to walk to the restaurant.

I used the fitness room which opens at 5:00 a.m. It is located adjacent to the pool/whirlpool. The gym had a Precor elliptical, bike, and a few treadmills along with free weights. It was a small fitness room for such a big hotel, but I did not have a problem getting on the equipment I wanted at 5:30 a.m. (although there were 4 other people already in the room when I got there). There were plenty of towels, water, and sanitizer.

As a Gold Hilton member, I got a free breakfast coupon. The breakfast area is in the lobby. When I checked in I thought that the dining area looked small. I was right. Usually I try to avoid peak breakfast hours because I know it can be mayhem when a bunch of business travelers are all trying to eat at 7:00 a.m. Unfortunately, with the way my schedule was, I had to try and eat at 7:00. There were no tables to be had, so I sat on a couch. I also could not find any utencils since I was not eating at a table. Suffice it to say this limited what I could eat. It wasn't a big deal, you should just try to avoid the 7:00 a.m. rush.

This was a very nice and clean HGI and I would definitely stay here if I return on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bonaire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Staff were exceptional, the hotel to include the room was clean. A great place to stay. A staff went out of his way to get from the store because I had left mine at home. I didn't have a car so he was willing to help by running out. The décor in the lobby was clean, modern and pleasant to be in. I highly recommend staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Mass.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my first time staying in a Hilton Garden Inn I was very satisified will the hotel. I would stay there again. This hotel had been recommendation of someone else and I would gladly recommend it to someone else in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Sterling, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I don't ever write reviews, but I was so impressed with the friendly and attentive staff at this hotel that I wanted to praise them! From the front desk to the breakfast to the room service each staff member we encountered was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is great, nothing out of the ordinary, and very clean, but the staff made the stay worth it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, and enjoyed the fact that we could literally walk to the Basketball Hall of Fame when they opened, and avoid the large tour bus crowds. The room was spacious and comfortable, and the property remained quiet, though it is right beside the freeway.The beds suited both my husband and I, though he likes a firmer mattress, we both slept well.
After researching quite a few properties in this area, we are very glad we chose this HGI; it was definitely the best option in Springfield.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Franklin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel is fine a great place to stay when attending Eastern States Expo Shows. I did something different Google local restaurants and enjoy Simply Garlic, Wow. Theodore's Blues Bands, and many others. Give it a try.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 7 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 7 in Springfield

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Springfield? Share your experiences!