“A piece of heaven in Springfield. The zoo needs to go. It's not right to the animals.”
Review of Forest Park

Ranked #5 of 41 things to do in Springfield
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Clean. Serene. Remarkable. History. A great park. I only hope one day the zoo will not have live animals like they have now. It's cruel no matter how you look at it. Educational for the children you say? You take a look at the animals they have their, the whole zoo is no bigger than a large back yard. An adult can walk the outside perimeter in five minutes. 150 animals. I know their well looked after but what did they do to end up in prison for life. They had a lion at one point. The animal abuse laws are a joke.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank TestarossaRob

New York City
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Bright Nights is Spectacular”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I live in NYC and drove the two hours on New Years Eve. We arrived a half-hour after it opened and had the park mostly to ourselves. There is an online coupon that provides a small discount. Even with just two people in the car, the experience was well worth the price and the drive. The illuminations were breathtaking and there were various theme areas such as toyland and Dr. Seuss. The area around the lake was particularly beautiful. There was a refreshment area with a shop, but we didn't stop. I suspect that the illuminations are the same each year, so I wouldn't make the trip each season. Then again, if you do some shopping and go out to eat as well, this would make for a lovely day out during the holidays. I will definitely return and highly recommend making the trip.

2 Thank Santadiva
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jogging”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Nice park to Jog to from Longmeadow, i like all the trees around the trails, makes it feel like your own private path. you can take multiple trails, sometimes its gets a little crowded on a nice day but thats typical of a park. Great in the fall too.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Howard L
New York City, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Family Time”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Wow this was our first time and I really loved it... They do a great job with the Park...I would recommend this to families...

2 Thank KIM422
Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Bright Nights and Security Flashing Lights!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Took my son to Bright Nights recently. $21.00 and it wasn't worth it. I was passed by a vehicle because I thought I was driving too slow. He approached a security guard in another vehicle with yellow flashing lights. My guess was that something was wrong in the park. While continuing to listen to Christmas music while watching the displays, ANOTHER security vehicle drove toward us (in the wrong direction) with his "bright yellow flashing lights" and seemed to be in a rush! I grew up in Springfield and look forward to coming back to visit when I can but NOT LIKE THIS! Hats off to the police and security guards.....but it ruined our Christmas experience at Forest Park. I will be back at Forest park in the spring but NOT for Bright Nights again.

Visited December 2013