“Everything great, pool okay but cold”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room was great and had everything we needed. Beds were comfortable. Staff was very helpful.

My kids don't mind a cool pool, but felt this pool was too cold. It was a major reason why we selected La Quinta, and we were rained out of the amusement park, so it was a disappointment not to swim.

I'd suggest a different flow for the breakfast room, keeping the waffle and toaster stations slightly in a separate area. At peak time, whether or not you wanted to use those machines, you waited behind others who were.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
William C, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Recent Guest,
We appreciate the time taken out of your day to post your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a memorable experience at La Quinta Springfield MA. Here at La Quinta, we work hard to make sure that our guest are 100% satisfied and it is feedback like yours that allows to make the proper adjustments. We will address your concern with the "flow" in the breakfast area to the correct department to make sure that our Brightside Breakfast is running as efficiently as possible. In regards to the pool, we do apologize for the temperature. Our pool is normally at a temperature of 82 degree but unfortunately, we had the pool deep cleaned the day before which required us to drain the pool and refill it. If your family decides to stay at our property in the future, we will guarantee that your kids will enjoy the pool. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing La Quinta Springfield MA.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The front desk staff are rude in person and on the phone. It takes forever for anyone to answer the phone. When I called to change the configuration of my room for an upcoming trip, they claimed that I had cancelled my room, which I did not. If I had not called before hand, I would not have had a room. You have to pass strip joints and dive bars to get to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ann B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the first time I stayed at this hotel. The staff was great very friendly answered all the questions I had. The breakfast was good in the morning. The rooms are clean and the beds very comfortable I couldn't ask for a better time. Six Flags is only about 10 minutes away and easy on access to the highway the perfect location

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived late and the young man who check us in was polite and quick. The room was decent and clean; however, our tub drained slowly and the shower head didn't work completely. I did like that wifi was free...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jazzmin S
William C, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Here at La Quinta, one of our goals is for all of our guests to leave with memorable experiences. With our "Here for You" philosophy, we are able to create such experiences for our guests. We sincerely apologize for the drain and shower head, and we will address this immediately. If you do come back to the Springfield area and decide to stay at our property, please do not hesitate to call the Front Desk. We will handle the issue right away. Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield MA.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights recently with family including two kids. Almost everything was great. Clean rooms and communal areas. Breakfast was adequate and staff took care to ensure nothing ran out. Location was good, short walk/drive from most of Springfield's major attractions. Dunkin Donuts next door for quick snacks. We didn't try the pool but it looked decent with towels available for use. My only concern the entire stay was on the evening my parent's room key didn't work. I took the key to reception and told them it didn't work and for which room. The receptionist didn't verify that I was actually supposed to have a key for that room or check my identification. I was a little concerned about that. That being said I would stay here again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First Impression: As a birthday present we stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield around June 20th for two nights so we can travel to Six Flags (10-15 minute drive). Although there was not a lot of cars in the parking lot our room with a king bed was placed on the tenth floor. The décor in this hotel is very modern, the room had a large tv, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet consists of bagels, waffles, yogurt, coffee, cereal, muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and some hot selections. The hot items varied each day, one day consisted of breakfast sausage and omelets and the next day had scrambled eggs and bacon. A Dunkin’ Donuts was being built right next door.
Second Visit: As a second trip to Six Flags in early August, this time with friends, we stayed in a room with two full sized beds on the eighth floor. The tv was smaller and the bed was less comfortable than the king bed. This time the breakfast buffet was not as exciting because the only hot items they had was breakfast sausage and a lot of hard/dry/overcooked French toast sticks, we all craved an egg option but the only one available was cold hard boiled eggs. The Dunkin’ Donuts is not open and fully operating.
We chose this hotel over other hotels/motels in the area because the price was relatively decent, close to Six Flags, and there was not a lot of bad reviews. Overall we will probably go back to La Quinta Inn on our next trip to Six Flags.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clarissa B

Dear Recent Guest,
We appreciate your feedback very much. We are also happy to know that both visits to La Quinta Springfield were positive experiences. In regards to the "Hard/Dry" French toast, we sincerely apologize and this will be addressed immediately so it does not happen again. Feedbacks such as yours and others allow us to make positive modifications in our day to day operations. Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying at La Quinta Springfield MA in both of your trips. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Neither I nor the national call center could get the hotel to pick up the phone when I called to change my reservation. Finally, after 24 hours of trying, I was able to get a person with a pulse to make my changes. During my stay, others in my party experienced premature cancellation of their rooms and, for others, near cancellation of their rooms which was only prevented by serendipity. Management claimed that they were not responsible for any of the problems experienced by customers. They would not help customers find other hotels after they had been turned out of their rooms. Personal belongings strewn over the lobby floor, police standing at the door... These are my memories of my 1st trip to Springfield and my LAST stay at a La Quinta...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank DDutt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!