“food not fresh”

Nadim’s Downtown Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #8 of 329 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Nadim's Mediterranean cuisine has been a favorite dining experience in Western MA since the 1990s. Operated by Nadim Kashouh (shown on left), Nadim's Mediterranean cuisine is known as the "go - to" Destination for authentic Lebanese food. Nadim's Mediterranean cuisine offers dine in, take out, order online, private parties, and catering. We have two locations: 1390 Main Street Financial Downtown District, Springfield, MA and 60 Shaker Road in East Longmeadow, MA. Come see why we are voted #1 year after year!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“food not fresh”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

People who gave good reviews must be really lucky. We stayed at the Sheraton around corner and thought the restaurant looks descent. Bad choice. Our food ($20-25/dish) was bad. We got different foods (and didn't share), but we all got sick and throw up afterwards.

We went to three restaurants on a trip to the Boston/Springfield area. The first two were excellent. This one is really bad. If fact, it's the worst restaurant we have ever been. For the price, they should at least serve some food that is fresh and safe to eat.

• Visited June 2013

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Will not return”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Recently went with group of gay men for drinks and appetizers. I arrived with a friend and when I walked in, the bar maid/waitress looked at us and said "they are all on the other side". We some how got categorized into a group of other. I think she needs some sensitivity training if she is going to work in a gay friendly city. House Merlot by the glass was over priced. The appetizer was soggy.

Westfield, Massachusetts
“Busy Friday night, but excellent food”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had a wonderful dinner, even though it was a tad busy with multiple shows and a Falcons game happening that night. The food was excellent as always. The service was good-it took forever to get a water when we were first seated, but after that it was good. It was my parent's first time eating lebanese food and they loved it.

1 Thank dom510
Amherst, MA
“Great food but avoid concert nights”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We enjoyed an excellent if rather rushed meal prior to a concert at Symphony Hall. No restaurant could be more convenient. Unfortunately many others had the same idea so Nadim's was extremely busy. Accordingly service was slow and hectic at the same time, but no one can be blamed. The waitress did her best as did the kitchen.
Despite the rush, the food was excellent. My wife's fish dish was exquisite and my chicken kabobs (not very exotic) was unusually tasty.
I would strongly recommend eating their fine food at a leisurely pace.

Wilbraham
“Used to be a favorite”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This was one of my favorite places in Springfield. The food and service used to be great, in my opinion. Last time we went there was probably the last time we'll go there. The fried calamari was soggy and lukewarm. The scallops, which are difficult to ruin, were much the same and were overcooked and the sauce that comes with the dinner was very runny. My wife and daughter's meals - a salad and kebob - were equally pathetic. The wine servings shrunk considerably as did the menu. The servers the past three times we went seemed depressed and distracted. I don't blame 'em, serving that kind of junk to their customers. How can you mess so much up so fast? I'm just not sure. Unless something magical happens I'm never going back.

Visited January 2013
Nadim K, Owner at Nadim’s Downtown Mediterranean Grill, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
We apologize for the service you received on March 28th, and want to reassure you that is not how we like to do business. Please send me an email at info@nadims.com with your name and address, referencing your last visit, and I will happily send you a gift card to prove that we can and are better than that. Again, our sincere appologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Nadim Kashouh