“Crowded at Christmas”

Ranked #5 of 329 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The landmark restaurant of Downtown Springfield with dedicated service and a German accent since 1935.
Siesta Key, Florida
“Crowded at Christmas”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The food is typical for the Student Prince - always very acceptable. Seating is another issue, as the venue is small when everyone wants to be in the Main Dining Room for the Christmas Caroling event, so we were in a very confined side area to the main dining room.

Visited December 2013

Essex, CT
“Best German Food in Hartford/Springfield area”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

It feels as if you walk back into time when you enter the restaurant. It is like stepping into 1945. You can on occasion get unusual food such are bear or ostrich. You can often order things that were on the menu previously but are no longer so. You may want to call in advance if you want to do this. Be sure to go in October or May if you want Spätzle. It is the only time they have it. Plus they have all the decorations for their festivals up then. I have eaten there for over 30 years.

• Visited December 2013
Suffield, Connecticut
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Even though I've lived in the area for many years, I never went here for a meal. Downtown Springfield is a pit and I try to avoid it whenever possible. We went today for my wife's birthday. The best part of the meal was the beef barley soup. The weiner schnitzel was grossly over pounded and over priced. The veal seemed to be paper thin and the coating had taste reminiscent of cardboard. I hate paying $80 for LUNCH for three and walking away unhappy with the food. Doubt if I'll ever go back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bohica12
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Much fun”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Went on my birthday. They had carolers, it was festive and we had a great time. The food is solid. Wine list has some nice Germans on it. But the atmosphere is so much fun. I look forward to returning.

• Visited December 2013
Windsor, Connecticut, United States
“Birthday Party at Student Prince”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We held a surprise birthday party for a family member at the Student Prince on 11/16. I cannot say enough good things about the entire experience. From the time when I made the reservation to completion of the event, it was perfect. Worked with Peter and Barbara who were so helpful in suggesting things and working thru any changes. Then our waiter, Jeff, was wonderful - by the end of the evening, he felt like family. He was working two parties and managed to do a superb job. Our group was 16 in a private room (which was just the right size) - the food was excellent - we had the dinner banquet menu - everyone said their dish was great and all of the available entrees were ordered. Everyone in the group was happy and full when the evening ended and all of us will return. Thank you to the staff at the Student Prince for a wonderful evening.

• Visited November 2013