“Back Again for More Sonic Goodness”
Review of Sonic Drive-In

Sonic Drive-In
Ranked #138 of 337 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Just had to go back to Sonic for a quick fix. Had a footlong chili cheese dog, tater tots, and a Dr Pepper. My husband had a #1 burger and onion rings. He also managed to munch down on a Chicago dog. Delicious! We ordered and ate in our car...just the way it should be when you visit a Sonic, even on the snowy winter day that we visited. Great food, great prices, and great service. We love Sonic. So happy to finally have one near by.

1  Thank Michie1291

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Second time we visited a Sonic and it was still awesome. We ate inside but we also came back and had half priced shakes after 8 pm outside. The burgers are top notch as well as the philly steak sandwiches. Tater tots with chili and cheese are my favorite .Endless varieties of slushes and Shakes with fruit and real milk put this place high on my list. Served up with a smile on talented youth on roller blades..I think if Sonic came to my city McDonalds and Bk would fold like Howard Johnson's in the Eighties... Super Job Sonic folks

1  Thank Tatej66
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Have to say, the service is good, food is good for fast food, selection good...I'd say a definite stop. I'm a sucker for their French toast sticks & tots..

Reviewed 18 February 2013

How many Sonics are there in the state of Massachusetts? I am not sure, but I just found out there is one in Springfield and I am as happy as can be. Spending my teenage years in Texas, Sonic was one of my favorite places to munch out at. My classic go to meal was their footlong chili cheese coney, crispy tater tots, and an ice cold Dr Pepper.

At the Springfield Sonic I still got my tater tots and Dr Pepper, but this time I ventured out a bit and ordered the Chicago dog..a delicious hotdog in a kaiser style roll with poppy seeds and loaded with tangy relish, bold onions, dill pickle spears, slices of fresh tomato, small hot peppers, and mustard. The combo of flavors really works and this is definitely a dog I will get again.

I used to love their made to order strawberry shakes, so thick that the spoons stand in them. This Sonic had a banana shake that I cannot wait to taste, but I was way too full to even try it this time around. The menu is huge, so take you time drooling over the selections. There are so many drink combinations with all their add-in syrup flavors that you couldn't possibly sample them all.

Yep, they have a drive thru and yep, this one even has a small eat-in restaurant, but Sonics are DRIVE INS and this is where the experience is for the purest. Pull your car up to one of the drive-in bays, press the button to order your food, and have a roller skating car hop deliver your order right to your window. This IS what Sonic is all about. We had a great server on our visit. Her name was Cassie and she was very energetic and helpful. Don't forget to tip these hard working skating servers. It's no easy feat skating through a parking lot carrying food and drinks, especially in our cold New England winters.

This is a perfect place for casual meals with family and friends. The prices are right and the food is really very good. I will certainly be back to visit this Sonic again and again. Think I will try their classic cheeseburger, golden fried onion rings, and the banana shake next time around. There goes my waistline.