“Who would have thought?!...”
Review of Theodore's

Theodore's
Ranked #3 of 361 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Funky BBQ and Blues joint. Freshly smoked meats. Live music five nights a week. 21 plus after 9pm
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

...you would find awesome BBQ in Massachusetts. It's not the first food you think of associated with New England. Nevertheless, Theodore's was very good! We started with the corn jalapeño fritters which were tasty, but filling so we only had a few. My son had the baby back ribs which were so tender the meat fell off the bone. My husband is partial to burnt ends, so to find this on the menu was a delight for him. Being from Texas, I'm partial to brisket. The portions were large complete with sides of baked beans, collard greens, coleslaw and cornbread. Everything was so tasty. My only complaint, but I wouldn't even call it that, was that the collard greens although seasoned well, were not as tender as I like. Overall it was a nice surprise to find such good BBQ at this popular place. We got a kick out of the server coming around to tables asking if they wanted dessert. Almost every table laughed at the thought! Now that is telling when you don't save room for dessert, because everything before it is so damn good!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We have been eating a Theodore's for 2 decades which means our daughters have been eating their since birth. There are not a lot of restaurants I can say that about. The service is always great but the star is the BBQ. I am a St. Louis rib guy and they are phenomenal. If you aren't into BBQ, my daughter says the pasta is her favorite... still. The beer selection is also wide ranging so try something different. Make a night of it and head upstairs after to play pool on full-size tables. If you visit Springfield, you have to eat here at least once.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Great service, great food awesome atmosphere. Very busy the night we visited but the service was still great , food was hot and served in a timely manner. Great ecperience

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

A unique place for sure! Much larger inside and darker than I expected. We were debating about apps, waitress made a suggestion and we agreed but when plate arrived it was not what she described. Ribs were very moist and sauce perfect amount of tanginess and not overly dressed. Waffle fries were very good!! The Da Bomb burger ... not as good as hoped, unfortunately asked for medium and it was over cooked also bacon was not crisp. Will go back for those ribs and fries though!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I visited Theodore's on a Tuesday night. The bar area was a bit busy, but I ate in the dining room. I had the beef brisket with two sides. Wonderful! The sauce is flavorful and portions were generous. The decor is fun featuring a wall mural with the Blues Brothers. They are willing to serve good beer, bands, and bbq...and they do it well.

Been to Theodore's? Share your experiences!