“fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Allen Street
Transit: There is a bus stop @ 5 Town Plaza off Allen Street.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My first time here was over Memorial Day weekend. It was amazing!! The patio was awesome and service was great. My meal was fantastic my steak cooked to perfection. I will be back and if you have never been i suggest your try it soon.

1  Thank goblue0811

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is average; nothing spectacular, especially given today's choices of outstanding restaurants. I like to go out and be treated to a meal that would be better than I could pull together at home and, unfortunately, this restaurant doesn't do it. Good selection but the food just doesn't "wow". Waitress was nice (a little clueless) but it took far too long to get the salads and the meal out. We waited 22 minutes for soup/salad after we'd ordered. We'd be very hesitant to go back, unfortunately. I have an issue when the waiter sees that you're getting impatient and says, "your food will be right out," and you know they haven't a clue--even moreso when the food doesn't come out for a while.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We are frequent patrons of Leone's but last night changed our mind. We took my husband out for his birthday. We ordered a round of drinks that didn't arrive until our soups and salads were already served. His meal was cold. Upon informing the waitress, her response was like nothing I'd ever experienced in such a nice restaurant. She said, "I don't see how it could be cold since it just came out" to which my husband responded "you can touch it if you don't believe me!" Then she offered to heat it up but, as we all know, a medium rare steak won't be the same if it is "reheated". He told her he didn't want it. She never apologized, never asked him if he wanted another meal and apparently never told the chef/manager about the situation because no one came out . Needless to say, the birthday dinner was ruined. We sat on the bar side in case the manager/chef reads this.

1  Thank emby323232
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had Leone's cater my party on Saturday. I was very disappointed. What was even more disappointing was the way I was treated on the the phone by an arrogant man who said he was Joe Leone. The restaurant said they had a callout so they could not provide me with the chafing dishes that I was renting from them for $15.00 each, and I rented 4 of them, because they had nobody to come back after the party to get them. So they brought the cheap disposable kind and threw me $20 and thought that was alright. It looked so unprofessional. I tried to tell Joe Leone that the rigatoni was dry with no sauce and the salad was so bad that not one person ate it. The red potatoes were undercooked. Whatever happened to the saying "the customer is always right"? Joe was rude and argumentative with me on the phone. So if u are thinking of using Leone's to cater your party, Don't. You will be sorry. Is this the way to treat a customer?

7  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I usually enjoy Leone's Restaurant in Springfield, but my last luncheon visit was a disaster. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs..
The dish was cold and had to be sent back..When it came back the meatballs were warm, not hot....The meatballs had no flavor, no garlic, no grated cheese or seasonings could be tasted. The angel hair pasta was over cooked. And the marinara sauce did not taste home made. it did not even taste, "out of the jar, doctored up to taste homemade"...Very disappointed.

2  Thank tonuch
JOHN L, Owner at Leone's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

tonuch, I want to appologize for your lunch experience you had at our restaurant .
I checked to see who your server was on the date you had posted but was unable to verify
who your server was and to find out why your food was cold?. if it was different than what you had posted please give me a call at 413-783-3398. Also i just wanted to let you know we make every order fresh nothing is reheated. Our meatballs are made right in the restaurant for many years and are usually very well liked, as is our marinara sauce. We do use the best ingredients for everything we make here.