“Excellent little inn, a gem in Springfield MA” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naomi's Inn

Naomi's Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Springfield
London
“Excellent little inn, a gem in Springfield MA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2007

Marci, the owner/innkeeper at Naomi's Inn B&B in Springfield MA, was extremely friendly and responsive when I called to book a room at short notice. This was in contrast to another inn in nearby Northampton, whose staff took over 24 hours to respond to my inquiry regarding availability.

The inn itself is a stunning 19th century home which has been comprehensively renovated top to bottom, with beautiful hardwood floors thoughout, antiques, luxurious and spacious rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed staying there and meeting Marci, who sat and chatted with me for over an hour during breakfast. I plan to return next spring when I am again in the area.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2007

I didn't actually stay at this B&B because, despite my reservation more than a month in advance and my call to Marcy, the owner, 2 days before my arrival, she called me the day before my trip to cancel my reservation. I have never experienced anything like this before with anyone who runs a business. I stay at B&Bs all over the country and I think that if you're going to run a B&B, you need to be ready to run a business. Apparently she cancelled because another guest wanted to stay longer and we were only booked for one night (for a wedding). I had to take about an hour out of my work day only 12 hours before I was leaving to find another place to stay. I am only writing this so that, if you choose to make a reservation at Naomi's Inn, make sure you have a back-up plan! I seriously felt like I was that Sienfeld episode about reservations. Buyer beware!

Stayed October 2007
9 Thank jasdc
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2007

Naomi's Inn is more luxurious and comfortable than any of the hotels we stayed in during our trip to the United States, but still by far cheaper . The rooms are nietly decorated and furnished, and the bathrooms are fantastic. We really enjoyed our stay in the beatiful house and will definitely come back for more!!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2007

I gave birth at Baystate two months early to a little baby girl. She had to be in the NICU for almost three weeks and I couldn't bear to leave her. I spent the first couple nights hoteling at Baystate and then lived in a closet at Baystate for two more nights for fear of leaving the hospital without her. After a few sleepless nights which made me of no help to my little girl I reluctantly left the security of the hospital and walked across the street to Naomi's Inn where I was greeted by one of the owners, Marci, she was warm and welcoming and even helped me secure a room at the Marriot for the night as she wouldn't have any openings until the following day, she even went so far as to print out mapquest directions to the Marriot! At a time when I was on the verge of tears and totally overwhelmed she was full of reassuring words. I returned there the next day and stayed for the last week my baby was in the hospital, each day she and Rick would check in and see how things were going, she even single handedly carried a refrigerator upstairs to my room so I could pump during the night and not have to walk down the stairs as I had had a c-section 10 days prior. Naomi's Inn was indeed a home away from home, and created a safe haven for me to recuperate close enough to the hospital (I could see my daughters window from my bedroom). The ambiance is warm and inviting my husband and I are forever grateful to Marci and Rick for making that transition a smooth one.

• Liked — beautiful room decor and wonderful owners
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
seabeck, washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2007

First our qualifications...we've been all over the country and throughout Europe and will stay at a Bed & Breakfast over a hotel any day of the week...
Naomi's Inn was the perfect place to stay at our stop over in Springfield. Marci and Chris were the nicest hosts (the part of B&B's that we enjoy the most!)...the accomodations were absolutely perfect and Marci's zeal for the whole B&B thing was extremely refreshing!
For those of you deciding between a hotel and a B&B...let me simply say...it is a no-brainer! And for those trying to decide where to stay in Springfield..."why go anywhere else!" Clean..quiet and a nice breakfast to get us jump-started in the morning.
When we come back through Springfield (which I am sure we will do sometime in our lifetime)...we'll be there again.
Marci and Chris...thanks for everything!
Mike and Julie Puckett

• Liked — Clean...friendly
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2007

If you only have one night to stay in Springfield Mass, stay at Naomi’s Inn. This clean and impeccably decorated B&B (named for the littlest lady of the house) offers all the comforts of home, but without the mess of my closet. The bed was so huge and deep I felt like I slept in a cloud, and the TV had a million stations. The really impressive thing about the place is that all the fine details, renovations, hardwood floors of maple and mahogany, and updated bathroom styles were designed, and performed by the owners. Finally, I had to get up and leave at an early hour, and the lady of the house had hot coffee waiting for me as early as I needed it in the AM. I must say that I just got back from a conference out of town and stayed at a big-name fancy hotel, and I could not get half of the services for three times the price that I got at Naomi’s. I am no longer staying at hotels, just B&B’s that come with a recommendation like this one.

• Liked — cleanneatprettyfriendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2007

Quiet, yet luxurious, this comfortable Inn adjacent to the Baystate Medical Center is an ideal spot for anyone requiring accommodations near the hospital. The hostess assures a comfortable entry, the morning papers are available with a convenient breakfast, but the real positive is the room. I stayed in one outfitted with old British travel posters and found the bed as comfortable as anywhere I've ever stayed.
Tom, New Haven, Conn.

• Stayed May 2007
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 7 in Springfield
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Naomi's Inn? Share your experiences!