“Beautiful Inn from the 1800's”
Review of Naomi's Inn

Naomi's Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Norton, MA
“Beautiful Inn from the 1800's”
Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed at this inn for two weekend nights on a trip to the Pumpkin Festival in Keene, NH. The inn is beautifully furnished and impeccably clean. The bathroom was gorgeous with a nice deep tub. My only wish was that the room came equipped with a hair dryer. I didn't bring mine because I assumed there would be one in the room. Overall, we had a great time and Marcy was very friendly. She has done a wonderful job renovating this home.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 October 2007

On very short notice, I had to be at Bay State Medical Center for an emergency. We called Naomi's Inn and spoke with Marci who was fabulous. She was able to get us a room for the night and was extremely helpful with regards to the hospital and surrounding area. She had only one night available for us, but went so far as to call around to other hotels, gave us a list of names of people who run other B and B's, and even gave us her phone book to take with us! The personal service she provided was outstanding. As for the room. It was immaculate, and lovely. The bathroom had a particularly wonderful shower...

I would recommend this Inn to anyone, especially if you have to be at the hospital. (We left the hospital at 1am and though it is a very short and well lit walk to Naomi's, it was pouring... The security van at BSMC offered us a ride door to door).

• Stayed October 2007
Vermont
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We stayed here for a busy parents' weekend in Holyoke area. It was convenient to the highway, and Marcie bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant. The house has been stripped down to it's 19th century shell and completely furnished with all the modern amenities, but furnished with old world charm--beautiful hardwood floors, antique furniture, tiled baths... We had the English travel suite. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. There is a large deck off the breakfast area which must be heavenly in the summer--it is in a very private fenced back yard (also where the parking is, so the privacy makes you feel quite secure about your car.) I am definitely going to make my reservations early for graduation weekend next spring..a great home base for anyone doing college visits in the area.

• Liked — Comfort (and Marcie)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 15 October 2007

Marci, the owner/innkeeper at Naomi's Inn B&B in Springfield MA, was extremely friendly and responsive when I called to book a room at short notice. This was in contrast to another inn in nearby Northampton, whose staff took over 24 hours to respond to my inquiry regarding availability.

The inn itself is a stunning 19th century home which has been comprehensively renovated top to bottom, with beautiful hardwood floors thoughout, antiques, luxurious and spacious rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed staying there and meeting Marci, who sat and chatted with me for over an hour during breakfast. I plan to return next spring when I am again in the area.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I didn't actually stay at this B&B because, despite my reservation more than a month in advance and my call to Marcy, the owner, 2 days before my arrival, she called me the day before my trip to cancel my reservation. I have never experienced anything like this before with anyone who runs a business. I stay at B&Bs all over the country and I think that if you're going to run a B&B, you need to be ready to run a business. Apparently she cancelled because another guest wanted to stay longer and we were only booked for one night (for a wedding). I had to take about an hour out of my work day only 12 hours before I was leaving to find another place to stay. I am only writing this so that, if you choose to make a reservation at Naomi's Inn, make sure you have a back-up plan! I seriously felt like I was that Sienfeld episode about reservations. Buyer beware!

Stayed October 2007
9 Thank jasdc
Denmark
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Naomi's Inn is more luxurious and comfortable than any of the hotels we stayed in during our trip to the United States, but still by far cheaper . The rooms are nietly decorated and furnished, and the bathrooms are fantastic. We really enjoyed our stay in the beatiful house and will definitely come back for more!!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2007

I gave birth at Baystate two months early to a little baby girl. She had to be in the NICU for almost three weeks and I couldn't bear to leave her. I spent the first couple nights hoteling at Baystate and then lived in a closet at Baystate for two more nights for fear of leaving the hospital without her. After a few sleepless nights which made me of no help to my little girl I reluctantly left the security of the hospital and walked across the street to Naomi's Inn where I was greeted by one of the owners, Marci, she was warm and welcoming and even helped me secure a room at the Marriot for the night as she wouldn't have any openings until the following day, she even went so far as to print out mapquest directions to the Marriot! At a time when I was on the verge of tears and totally overwhelmed she was full of reassuring words. I returned there the next day and stayed for the last week my baby was in the hospital, each day she and Rick would check in and see how things were going, she even single handedly carried a refrigerator upstairs to my room so I could pump during the night and not have to walk down the stairs as I had had a c-section 10 days prior. Naomi's Inn was indeed a home away from home, and created a safe haven for me to recuperate close enough to the hospital (I could see my daughters window from my bedroom). The ambiance is warm and inviting my husband and I are forever grateful to Marci and Rick for making that transition a smooth one.

• Liked — beautiful room decor and wonderful owners
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Naomi's Inn? Share your experiences!