“Our home away from home”
Review of Naomi's Inn

Naomi's Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at Naomi's several times over the last few years and we are always greeted warmly like family. The rooms are spacious clean and well appointed. We enjoy having breakfast and always look forward to catching up with Marci. We truly feel at home here and would recommend this to anyone coming to the area of medical, business, family or fun. You CANNOT go wrong when staying here. Thank you for taking such good care every time we come.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I whisked my partner away on a surprise birthday trip to see her favorite performer in Northampton. But to complicate things, I couldn't find a dog sitter where we live, so I knew they had to join us. We didn't have time for a long stay, but I wanted to find a place that would make our night worth the drive. Naomi's inn was perfect!

Two hours into our seven hour drive, I realized we might not make the check in time. I called ahead to make arrangements for a late arrival. They happily accommodated! Once we arrived in Massachusetts, it was clear we weren't going to check in at a reasonable hour, eat, and make the start of the show. We decided to head strait to Northampton, hoping a [vary] late night arrival and unpacking wouldn't be too obnoxious.

The rooms were beautiful and had the perfect amount of stuff in them. I'm constantly loosing things, so I was happy I only had to keep track of one key.

We met the inn keeper the next morning for a wonderful breakfast. She was very understanding and happy to accommodate our special situation. But please, be kind, do your best to avoid that situation!

Check out was fast and easy.

Our only regret was not having the time to stay longer!

Room Tip: Call or email ahead to make arrangements for dogs and late arrivals.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I just stayed for three nights at Naomi's and it was the most pleasant lodging experience I have ever had. I stay in hotels several times a year and this time I decided to try Naomi's. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. Marcie was a wonderful host and breakfast was an enjoyable experience. I have a new place to stay each year when I come to Springfield for Equine Affair.

Room Tip: I believe that all of the rooms have a comfortable sitting room and a desk.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Not sure what is up with the bad review as we were here last night too. Checked in early and the rooms were beautifully appointed, spotless and we slept wonderfully. The house was historic, as most we choose are, but nothing felt cold to us. The place felt comfy and the owner is adorable. As for check out, I have never been to a location that does not charge at checkout. And, her prices are cheaper than the local chain hotels and certainly other Bed and Breakfast locations in New England. Seriously, what was not to love? If we head back to Springfield, Naomi's will be our restful stop. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is more like staying in your crazy aunt's house than in a relaxing B&B. I've stayed in B&B's all over the country, and I have always felt like it was a "special" experience over the run-of-the-mill generic hotel stay.

Our room was clean, and we had no problems checking in or out. However, there just wasn't any warmth to the place. Plus, the house is old, and, as we were going to sleep, we could hear another guest (or the proprietor? or a ghost?) traipsing up and down the stairs in high heels sounding like a herd of horses.

B&B's usually make their mark with their delicious breakfast. This breakfast was uninspired at best. Breakfast is served in the kitchen where the proprietor was doing load after load of dishes while guests were trying to eat and trying to find decaf coffee. She actually had to run our credit card through the machine before we could leave even though she already had the number from our reservation. This was done in front of all of the other guests and felt very exposing and not very business-like.

Furthermore, the proprietor was loud and interfering. I've never seen this kind of behavior in a B&B. Usually, the proprietor sets up a quiet space for breakfast, and the proprietor is hardly noticeable so that the guests may enjoy their experience. The opposite was true here. The kitchen was dark, and there were not enough tables for all of the guests to eat. There were open cereal boxes and open jars of nutella and jam on the serving-board. It did not feel very clean.

For more than $150 a night, it felt like a rip-off.

Given that the rest of Springfield doesn't have much to offer, perhaps this inn is good by local standards? Compared to anything outside of Springfield, however, it is sub-par.

Room Tip: Stay in another city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gatos-del-mundo
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My boyfriend and I were traveling up North and had decided to stay overnight in Springfield. We knew we wouldn't be getting in until almost midnight and Marci was very accommodating and left us a note and key so we could check in ourselves when we arrived. The Inn was beautiful, clean, and very comfortable and the homemade breakfast was delicious. Marci was a wonderful host and has obviously put so much effort and care into the beautiful house and business that she runs by herself. We would definitely recommend Naomi's Inn to anyone else and definitely plan on returning next time we're in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We purchased a guide book in Europe and followed the advice to stay in this Inn. We were very happy with the choice. The room was nicely decorated, very clean and the bathroom as well. Breakfast was served in the kitchen and freshly prepared, fruit juice and homemade cookies, egg a nice selection of various bread and butter and jam. And on top of this the big smile of Marci Webber the owner of the inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Tower Square Hotel Springfield

Been to Naomi's Inn? Share your experiences!