“Not even close to Mexican”
Review of Casa De Nana

Casa De Nana
Ranked #134 of 329 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Not even close to Mexican”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Absolutely horrible food without any flavor. The tortillas are like cardboard. The salsa looks like tomato paste. The chicken in my dinner was so dry I couldn't swallow it. The beans and rice were not edible. Very disappointed. The restaurant was very good 20 years ago. Don't waste your money

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Neeks67

Northern CT
“Affordable and Huge Tex-Mex”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The restaurant is kind of a scruffy Mex-motif located on Route 20 in Springfield. It's been around since the 1960's, since before tex-mex was trendy.
They provide a huge amount of food for a very reasonable price.
We first ordered nachos with ranchero sauce. The sauce, we felt, didn't do anything for the nachos. It was a very tomatoey sauce and it overwhelmed the cheese. Wouldn't get it again. But it was a large plate of tortilla chips with plenty of cheese, so we'd recommend just the basic nachos. My son got an order of grilled chicken quesadillas. He got about six good sized tortillas, folded over a lot of very tasty grilled chicken. It was way more than he could eat. I got the Border Burrito. OMG! I'm not kidding when I say it was nearly eight inches wide and a foot long. It was massive! I ate half of it. There are many beverage options from soda to alcohol. My son ordered a plain water and they brought him a pint-size glass with plenty of ice. I got the raspberry iced tea. Free refills. I had two refills and they kept refilling pleasantly and without any resentment. I also had a margarita. There are many choices in this drink also. I had the basic margarita and I thought it was crisp and tasty.
The menu is large and varied and has pretty much anything mexican you'd want. It's available on line.
The interior of the restaurant has a mexican motif and looks a little worn. But the food more than makes up for it.
If you're not looking for a new, sparkly, trendy restaurant, and the food is the point. You'll like Casa De Nana.
And I was impressed with how low the bill was.

• Visited June 2013
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Great food and killer margaritas, wide variety of Mexican beer too. Packed on Tuesdays (Taco Tuesday). Everything made on premises. Macho nacho app big enough for 4 people.

Visited April 2013
Belchertown, MA
“Tasteless”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Our family enjoys eating in many mexican restaurants over the years, and we have never had such tasteless food ever. The Chicken Chimichanga I had tasted like shredded chick with tomato sauce on it, there was no spice or flavor to it whatsoever! It was blah! There was no seasoning in any of the food. The salsa looked and tasted like it was from a jar. My husband sent his enchiladas back they were so tasteless. He ordered steak & chicken Fajitas instead but it took so long to get it, we took it to go. Never Again! These people need a visit from Restaurant Impossible and Chef Robert!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank RKBlue
“Awesome food, don't be fooled by the location and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Delicious, fresh Mexican food in a no-frills setting. Shredded beef tacos with guacamole are a must! Casa de Nana has stood the test of time here in Springfield!