“The Best All Around in Springfield...”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best All Around in Springfield...”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Monarch in October while there was a reunion taking place, everyone was in high spirits and I was asked if I was part of the reunion as I entered the hotel elevator from the parking garage across the street, as the garage at the hotel was full. Check-in was very pleasant, and the front desk staff welcoming. The public areas and lobby were clean, beautiful and well maintained. I received a room on the club floor and a hand with my bag. The room had a good view of downtown Springfield, was spacious, clean, the bathroom had a large tub and was perfect end to the day. The bed and pillows very comfortable, great nights sleep. I stayed just the one night but found myself wanting to stay another. However, had to get back for appointments. Check-out was a breeze, and the porter helped me with my bag to my car. The best!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for sharing, we are pleased you enjoyed yourself and that you found our hotel clean and well appointed. I will be sure to share your survey with our front office associates. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper is a wonderful bed that provides a great nights rest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
springfield
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My family went to Christmas with.Santa,and the food was great. The hotel was clean and beautiful. The management was friendly. I would recommend to go to it. The price of the meal included tickets to the festival of trees, and we got free parking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for sharing! I am glad you enjoyed yourself, I will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team and associates. We hope you will visit us again, should your travels bring you to our great City of Springfield Massachusetts.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have stayed at the Sheraton Monarch several times over the years while visiting relatives in Springfield. We usually prefer to stay at small chain or boutique hotels, but that is not really an option in Springfield. This is the *best* version of the business traveler/chain hotel. The hotel is big, clean, well maintained with good friendly service. Check in (on Thanksgiving Day) was quick, breezy and friendly. We had adjoining rooms as we were traveling with small children. Again, the rooms were well maintained, odorless (a big thing for me in a massive hotel), with comfortable beds. We had a nice view of the river. There is a bright indoor pool that our children loved, as well as a a sauna and a decent fitness center. Room service was prompt and as good as you expect room service to be (french onion soup was nice and warm, caesar salad nice and crispy.) I know I seem to be praising the hotel for things you would just expect to be done right, but my experience with hilton/sheraton/marriots is that the quality is incredibly uneven based on ownership and management. And especially in a place like Springfield -- where a lot is in decline -- this hotel shines. I am the kind of person who finds something to complain about at most places (the room smells, the furniture is chipped, room service is un responsive). And this is a good spot to camp out with your family if you need to be in Springfield. Only downsides: they charge for the internet like most chains -- and there is only cable options on the TV, no pay per view movies.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
thank you for the wonderful review, I am pleased to learn you found the service, cleanliness and decor warm and inviting. I will be sure to share with our staff your kind comments. The City has a lot to offer, we feature many first class restaurants and family activities alike. We hope you will return when you are in the area again.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2013

One could argue that this hotel is the center of town... It is connected to the downtown mall and across the street to the other main hotel. Around the corner in walking distance is downtown Springfield and this is an easy hotel to find off the highway as it borders 91.

The lobby and public areas are on the upscale side, the hallways are spacious and the rooms are clean comfortable and well maintained. The amenities are what you would expect from Sheraton and of course there is the Sheraton Sleeper bed, which I am a fan of... It is worth signing up for a Starwood Preferred card as they tend to be slightly better rooms...

There are plenty of places to eat in the surrounding area including the mall.

Room Tip: Over looking the highway on an upper floor gives nice rooms of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reporting back regarding your stay, I am glad you found the hotel to be clean, spacious and well appointed. Our City has many wonderful attractions that will excite guests of all ages. We hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the area.
Derby, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Overall I ended up being pleased with my stay. I have to be honest, I went at a busy time during a cheerleading convention. The room was clean, the view was great, the area was perfect for why I stayed and parking was secure. I had a few things go wrong (nothing too terrible but annoying). I called up and spoke to the Assistant Manager (I believe his name was Tom) and he addressed my concerns quickly and his response exceeded my expectations.. He provided outstanding customer service and that ended up being the highlight of my stay. I would defintely go back.

While I apreciated the parking and was lucky to get a ground floor spot, you do have to pay an additional $12.95 to park. It is a cost of staying at the hotel, I do think they should mention that when discussing room rates and the cost of staying at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim G
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for sharing, I am happy you enjoyed yourself. I will be sure to share your comments regarding our Assistant General Manager, Tom Plunkett with him. Tom is a valuable part of our management team and truly does a great job. We hope you will return to our property when your travels bring you back to the great City of Springfield MA.
Milton, Delaware
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Sheraton Hotel at Monarch Place in Springfield, Mass is lovely. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. The rooms open out to a central atrium. I did not notice any noise problems. The bBed and luxurious comforter were wonderful. I like a dark room and really appreciated that in addition to drapes they had pull-shades on the windows (no light peeking through cracks!). I did not eat at the hotel, but received directions to several resturants in the area. The proximity to my place of business was very convenient. Free parking (with in and out) is available. Tight spots, but I had no problem finding a space.

Room Tip: I've stayed here several time and have never had a bad location. I don't specify location.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. I am glad you found the hotel services and associate interactions to be pleasurable. We do have certain rate plans that include parking, however many of the rate plans do not. I am only sharing this so some guests are not thinking they will have complimentary parking. I hope you will visit again should your travels bring you back to the great City of Springfield MA.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was beautiful, clean, and roomy. The food was delicious. Great breakfast buffet at a reasonable price.
The only downfall is the availability and ease of parking.
Call ahead of making a reservation to see what large groups will be there. The hotel has an atrium setting so the noise travels.
The night we were there they had a large number of grade school cheerleaders in the hotel. The staff made sure that the 10pm quiet time was observed.
Would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for reviewing us after your stay, I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and hope you will return. Parking can be a challenge for us as we share our parking with an office tower. We do also offer a covered walkway to our overflow lot located across the street. I will be sure to share your feedback with our associates.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!