“For conferences and other activities...”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is great at hosting conferences, dance competitions, and sports teams. It is not a quiet retreat in the woods, though the view of the river isn’t bad. The room served its purpose and was comfortable. If you are on the river side no matter how high you are you WILL hear the highway. Be prepared and bring ear plugs. The front staff was nice and personable answering every question I had. They also dealt well with the director of our group who was a little demanding at times. In fact I thought they might actually earn the Nobel Prize for the way they diffused her. All in all if I were to go to Springfield again for a conference I would not hesitate staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for sharing, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I will certainly be sure to share your kind words with our staff. As it relates to the outside noise, Interstate 91 has been patched many times and is not as smooth as it once was, what we here at times is the larger trucks going over some of the patches in the roadway. Do to the design of the hotel, actually being a triangle, we have two other sides which are away from the highway that most people prefer. I hope you will choose our property should you arrive in Springfield again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Attended April 10 to 12. Room was clean with plenty of towels. Hotel was clean. Front desk help was friendly and informative. Can easily hear people in next room. Loud music until late night/early morning. (Dance competition taking place?) Know your neighborhood...... MVP lounge in hotel needs more help to serve larger crowds. Food served cold because of lack of help. Room not cleaned until late afternoon. Was there for experience other than hotel stay so enjoyed the stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for sharing with me your feedback, the Elks Hoop Shoot has been coming to the Springfield area for some time now, it is a wonderful event. I am pleased to find you found our hotel clean, staff friendly. I am apologize for your experience in MVP.pub, we are much better than that. I have also shared your comments regarding the timeliness of your service to your room with our Housekeeping Manager. We hope to see you back next year when the event returns.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a Sheraton in a smaller city so I didn't have high hopes, but this place is in need of a design makeover. Brown is the design theme and it lends to an overall 1970's feel, but not in a cool retro way, in an aging way.

A lot did not work well in my room: static coming out of the fire emergency speaker, TV need to be rebooted, and the internet coverage was terrible.

The internet was never fixed, so I suspect that's the way it goes, you just get bumped off consistently, and if you are like me, you'll end up "borrowing" coverage from the Marriott next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Wayne P
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments with me. I am sorry you found the recently updated hotel to be in poor taste, when we had our renovation we used the Starwood design team as well as a wonderful designer. Televisions these days are like mini computers, channel surfing generally can lock them up so it simply takes 10 seconds to reset by unplugging and replugging the unit. We did have an issue over your stay with our internet, we rarely have issues we have a very large bandwidth so there is plenty for all to use. I am sorry we had an outage during your stay. Please give me a call personally when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

From the ease of check in to the cleanliness of the room, everything was almost perfect! The Room service menu was fairly priced. We were pleasantly surprised with the the large pool space. The only downfall with that was there was a hot tub drained and covered and it had raised seating space over it. That was a bummer for the parents, thats for sure. We were there for my daughters Cheerleading competition and that would have been ideal to unwind. There weren't many "common" areas for you to chat with other parents and kids. We could have went back to the pool area but it was so incredibly hot that it was hard to bear the first time we were in there. Security kept ushering us back inside our rooms, so having a bit of social reprieve was difficult. With all that said, I did enjoy the one night we spent. We paid a fair Military rate and it was a block from the mass mutual center. If I had to, I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you stay on the 4th floor, you are on the same floor as the pool, which is great. On the down sid...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristineZ2000
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for sharing! I am glad that overall you had an enjoyable stay. The hot tubs were a major problem from leaking and the original design prevented us from being able to make a permanent repair. We do have steam rooms and a wonderful sauna.

We do have a very open floor plan, our hotel features seating in both our first floor and second floor atrium. Due to the atrium, noise does travel and can be disruptive, however our security does look closely at this, I apologize if they were a little over zealous.

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a great location. Rooms are clean and spacious. Restaurant, bar, pool, fitness center are all great. Service is awesome. Everyone working at the hotel is extremely attentive, helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Jperazic

Thank you for the positive review, I will be sure to share this with all of our associates who work hard to ensure everyone enjoys their stay.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night and must say its average. Walls are paper thin and maids were yelling in Spanish to each other LOUDLY! Amenities were fine, shine shampoo..Starbucks coffee..it's just that nothing stands out. Even the lobby is kind of boring, and the area is quiet. Got some rest but would have liked for the brand to stand out more.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FlyMom10
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for sharing with me your experience. Please accept my apologies for the disruption caused by our housekeeping staff as they worked in the halls. I will review this with them to ensure they are mindful of the quiet times. I thank you for your review, as it is only through feedback that we are able to grow. We hope to see you back should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for some meetings. The parking garage is very tight and was very crowded so it took quite awhile to find a parking space. Check-in was very easy and the staff was very nice and courteous. The common areas in this hotel look like they were recently updated. The rooms however were pretty basic. My big complaint was the constant highway noise made it very difficult to sleep (This might only be a problem on the side of the hotel my room was on).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KurtGVT
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. We do have a very unique parking situation, we share a garage with a office complex which generally works as our business hours differ. However, when there is a convention or large group in the hotel, we generally need to utilize an over flow lot which is connected by an air-walk.

I am glad to see you found our staff well trained and professional, as our hotel has 3 sides, one of which is along Interstate 91, I have found the Boland Avenue or City side to be less distracting. In either case, we hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the great City of Springfield.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!