“Average Experience -- I was left ambivalent.”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a clean, totally accommodating property, but I felt it was a bit run down or in need of some renovation. My room was certainly showing its age bit. Maybe the location colored my perception -- the immediate surroundings leave something to be desired. I would not walk far alone after dark.

Nice, large fitness center. I was here on business and the catered meals/buffets were quite good. I found the staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor with a room of the Connecticut River -- that was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron R
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for the review of our hotel, I truly appreciate the feedback. We do have a wonderful fitness facility which is unlike any other facility in the area. Springfield is a City of "firsts" we have many wonderful offerings such as the Basketball Hall of Fame, the quadrangle museums Six Flag New England just to name a few.. We hope to see back when your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. The rooms are very spacious, the beds are extremely comfortable, and it is superbly clean. It is located downtown Springfield. The hotel staff provided excellent customer service. We splurged on a Club Level Room and was treated like royalty with the special amenities and services. The lobby and hotel itself is beautiful and I was in amazement of the architecture. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A Starbucks drive through is just down the road!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your experience, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff welcoming and engaging. We hope you will return when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton a few months back, the staff made our stay very pleasant. They went out of there way to make us feel right at home. I would make the Sheraton at Monarch Place a usual stop over.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank yo for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty. We hope you return when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel as part of a wedding party booking.
Despite receiving a special group rate we had excellent service from the beginning to the end of our stay.
The hotel is located in downtown Springfield off the thruway and has underground parking for 12.95 per night with in and out privileges.
I requested 2 connecting rooms facing the city (to avoid highway noise) and also asked for renovated rooms. We werevery pleased with the furnishing. The beds were comfortable and you had a choice of feather or foam pillows.
They had a mini coffee maker with Starbucks individual brew packs in each room.
We needed a fridge for medical reasons and they provided one for free vs the $20 per day fee.
The front desk staff were well trained and very helpful in providing dining recommendations and directions with maps and printouts.
The gym in the hotel was large and clean inclduing a heated pool.
The Pics restaurant was where we had breakfasts and on the Saturday and Sunday they have a sumptuous buffet.
The Springfield Museum is within walking distence and the Basketballhallof fame is a 2 minute drive.
Overall a great hotel.

I would recoomed this loation for anyone needing to stay in Springfield.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms facing the city. Get a Starwoods memebership and collect points.
1  Thank fmhtca
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased you found the hotel clean and the services you received exceptional. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team who makes it all happen.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you have reason to spend time in Springfield,MA, this is a nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and the bed is as comfortable as you will find at any hotel. It is reason enough to spend the night here. Easy access to the parking garage with a reasonable daily rate make it convenient. Lobby has a pub and a separate restaurant. Hotel has a very pleasant and friendly staff. One downside is the rooms don't have personal safes. No hotel these days should be without room safes.I didn't use the spa but it appeared to be a decent place.

Room Tip: Getting a room with club access is a good deal with a buffet breakfast and afternoon snacks included...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your review and sharing with the valuable TripAdvisor community. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and well appointed. Currently we do not have safes in our guest rooms, however we do offer safety deposit boxes which are very secure and located conveniently at our front desk. I hope you will provide us another opportunity to show we have a great hotel the next time you are in the Springfield area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean and convenient - staff very friendly I will come back as often as I can. Clean and convenient - staff very friendly I will come back as often as I can. Clean and convenient - staff very friendly I will come back as often as I can .Clean and convenient - staff very friendly I will come back as often as I can

• Stayed: May 2014
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I will be sure to share this with our team, as they work hard to ensure everyone enjoys their stay. I hope you will visit again when your travels bring you back to the City of Springfield MA.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here with family in a joint room over a couple of nights and have nothing to complain about! The beds were comfortable, the room was clean. We were not staying on the side of the highway but rather facing the city. Great views of a giant clock tower nearby. The gym and pool facilities are extensive and have pretty good hours. Wifi was simple to log into and was fast. There was a prom happening on the main floor on our last night - they were quite loud until about 10 PM but then we stopped hearing anything, I don't know if they left or if management told them to be quiet. Seems like the hotel is popular with being groups and events.

Parking was the only thing that could be improved - the underground lot was packed most of the weekend - we had to use the aboveground overflow lot across the street when we were too late getting a spot. Really not the end of the world though, just means you have to walk a few minutes to get to the hotel. If it was at night and I was alone, I could probably see this being an uncomfortable situation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the positive review, I am pleased to learn of your experience. We do have a difficult parking situation at our hotel, however as you mentioned we are connected via a covered air-walk. We do require larger events to close the ball room doors to limit the amount of noise that may emanate from the larger events. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Springfield.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
0 mi away
Naomi's Inn Bed & Breakfast
#4 of 8 in Springfield
3 mi away
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!