“Comfortable but dated”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Seattle, Washington
“Comfortable but dated”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Here for a couple of nights, and as usual checked out the fitness room. This fitness center is apparently operated by another company, 4Fitness,....and it's pretty spacious. Many treadmills and ellipticals, separate workout area for machines and free weights. Pool was pretty good, though I didn't use it.
However, many of the free weights need to be replaced....as they're showing rust and corrosion on them. Some equipment has rust on them too.
Room was comfy, with nice firm beds. Furniture though has ultra smooth tops, so if you place anything on the table top, they slide off very very easily. I think they polish them too much. Decor is also dated, but otherwise, fine.
The internal atrium is very nice, though some plants would make it much more appealing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, our hotel has gone through a 7 million dollar renovation and all of the public space, restaurants, banquet space/rooms and 2/3rd of the guest rooms have been done. We will be completing the remaining guest rooms this winter. Our fitness center is managed by a third party, we will share your feedback with them as well. Yes, it is much larger than most hotels and they even sign outside memberships.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
south
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Big well kept hotel with a very impressive fitness center. The room is large and clean. No refrigerator in the room.
It was a big surprise to discover that the free Internet access is districted only to the lobby and the business center. It made me astonish because every road hotel I visited last three weeks, offered that amenity for free.
What a shame - Really not honorable.
Onsite parking is offered for a surcharge- we paid about 13$/day.
Note for the reception desk - it's really not a necessary to do a lemon face when your reservation is almost half original price…..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am glad you found your room to be large and well appointed. We offer complimentary internet in both restaurants, at the Link by Sheraton and the hotel lobby. There is a fee of $9.95 per day in the guest rooms, our parking is shared by the office tower which results in the discounted rate of $12.95 per night as the office tower is the owner of the garage.
Wyoming
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This place is OLD and greatly in need of renovation. The furniture in the room was scraped and scratched -- the bed creaked. The tiles on the bathroom floor had been replaced with grout that did not match. The staff, on the other hand, was great. I was not able to turn off the air conditioning despite it being 60 degrees outside -- the room was COLD and uncomfortable. I am surprised the Starwood continues to allow it to be part of its group.

Room Tip: I would never stay here again.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations I looked into the grout issue and the bathroom has been re-grouted. I appreciate the positive comments regarding the staff, I will be sure to share your feedback with them. I hope you will afford us another opportunity to show you we do have a great hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Sheraton property is just like any other. The lobby is very warm and inviting. Check-in staff was very friendly and joking with us the entire time. We stayed on the 10th floor and on the way to the room, we passed numerous room service dishes/plates. The remained they for most of our 24hr stay. The room were very clean and the amenities were as described in the hotel description. Clean sheets and but a very slow channel change on the TV. They even have a warning that the TV can freeze when channel surfing. The biggest let down was the Athletic Club they have in the hotel. As I was looking at the pictures and description in my room, I was expecting a nice place. The machines are very old. Things are beginning to rust with the weight machines. The cardio machines are a little more up-to-date than everything else.

Room Tip: The higher floors are better because they keep away from the noise of the numerous meeting rooms tha...
1 Thank Djohn513
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to share. Our televisions basically are mini computers, and to broadcast the content to every room we need to to use a server. This is why there is a delay between channels, if you were to continuously press the buttons on the remote (like we can at home) the system will freeze as it needs to go through the server. These are not the same TV's we have at home. I will also share your feedback with the fitness center Manager, we have a very nice facility which is one of the largest in the area.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a clean, totally accommodating property, but I felt it was a bit run down or in need of some renovation. My room was certainly showing its age bit. Maybe the location colored my perception -- the immediate surroundings leave something to be desired. I would not walk far alone after dark.

Nice, large fitness center. I was here on business and the catered meals/buffets were quite good. I found the staff friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor with a room of the Connecticut River -- that was nice.
1 Thank Ron R
Thank you for the review of our hotel, I truly appreciate the feedback. We do have a wonderful fitness facility which is unlike any other facility in the area. Springfield is a City of "firsts" we have many wonderful offerings such as the Basketball Hall of Fame, the quadrangle museums Six Flag New England just to name a few.. We hope to see back when your travels bring you to the area.
Mexico, Maine
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. The rooms are very spacious, the beds are extremely comfortable, and it is superbly clean. It is located downtown Springfield. The hotel staff provided excellent customer service. We splurged on a Club Level Room and was treated like royalty with the special amenities and services. The lobby and hotel itself is beautiful and I was in amazement of the architecture. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A Starbucks drive through is just down the road!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your experience, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff welcoming and engaging. We hope you will return when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton a few months back, the staff made our stay very pleasant. They went out of there way to make us feel right at home. I would make the Sheraton at Monarch Place a usual stop over.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank yo for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your loyalty. We hope you return when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Springfield Marriott
Springfield Marriott
#6 of 8 in Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Naomi's Inn
Naomi's Inn
#4 of 8 in Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!