“Better than most, with two on-property restaurants”

Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had the opportunity to stay that the Sheraton in Springfield and were very happy with our stay. Just a one night stay for us, as we were passing through to head further north the next day. We really enjoyed the thought process behind both the architecture and also the constantly varying LED lighting that cast a nice ambience in the center and ceiling of the hotel. The food is above average and the rooms were clean, well kept, and had comfortable beds. Right outside the hotel is a magnificent clock-tower that I saw at night...never got a chance to see what it was for, but it was impressive. Maybe next time. Overall, I was very pleased with all our experiences, including the hospitality of the waitstaff and courtesy of the hotel front desk staff to put this on my list of...If I am in the area....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am pleased to learn that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and our associates warm and engaging. I will be sure to share your kind comments with them. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

While I had stayed at other company related hotels, I was somewhat disappointed in that this hotel provides nothing without extra costs. I had to pay separately for parking, fridge (which hardly worked) and WIFI. I've stayed in many hotels and have never had to pay $10 for internet access. On the positive side, the beds and pillows are amazingly comfortable. The staff was friendly when approached but aloof otherwise.
Recommend for business trips only and not to vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for river view during reservations. It will at least give you something free to do.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

thank you for sharing your experience with me, we as most downtown properties do charge a discounted rate for parking due to the fact most properties do not own the garage. We offer complimentary internet in both of our restaurants PICKS and MVP.pub, the lobby and we have the Sheraton Link which also offers free internet and ports to connect your personal devise up too. I am leased that you found the property to be clean. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great , the rooms were clean amd the kids had a great time in the pool. I just wish they had a hot tub. The staff was friendly and helpful with dinner recommendations. Convienently located off the highway.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I as well as our team of associates are pleased you found the hotel to be clean. Our hot tubs were leaking and not working a few years back so they were removed. I hope when your travels bring you back to the area, you will choose the Sheraton once again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We traveled with our kids for a basketball tournament. After a long day at a hot gym this was a respite! I had spoken to Gavin, front desk supervisor, a few days before to confirm my reservation. Not only did he remember our discussion but had plugged in my SPG number and upgraded us. He could not have been more helpful. There were 3 large events taking place at the same time and this staff delivered without a hitch. The corner king room was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. The property was spotless and the staff in the Club room had the same dedication to service as the front desk. We were even offered late checkout. The parking is ok, but not plentiful.

Hint- make sure you have your SPG number in your reservation. This team really goes out of their way to help. I had two rooms and the corner king was worth the extra fees. This is the best place in the area for business travel. We very much enjoyed access to the Club lounge.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for the review of our hotel, I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and our staff friendly, I will be sure to share your comments with our team. Gavin is a true super star, we are lucky to have him at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a perfectly suitable hotel for business stays. Clean, but very traditional (not modern) decor. Rooms were large and food choices were plenty. Also liked the large fitness center. Lots of machine options and pool large enough to swim laps.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Noelle B
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. I am glad to see you found our guest rooms to be clean and spacious. We have one of the largest fitness centers attached to our hotel which has a 50 foot pool. We did undergo a 7 million dollar renovation so we do have a fresh new look and feel. Being at the cross roads of New England, we have a fall theme throughout the hotel. We hope you will visit again should your travels bring you to the Springfield area in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Free parking! Clean modern room
Comfortable bed- good on site bar-
We enjoyed our stay despite a party on our floor.
Paid wi fi was a bummer.
Right downtown- staff super friendly & accommodating
They have good amenities here!
We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we appreciate that you shared your great experience with the TripAdvisor community. I hope you will visit again should your travels bring you back to our City.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

First i suggest if you are not a SPG member sign up before reserving any Sheraton room. We were lucky to get on the Club Floor. The club floor gives you "extras" like free small breakfast, and evening snacks with sodas. The staff was amazing. Every question was answered every need was fulfilled. They all were outstanding from the front desk to hostess for the club floor. The room was very quiet, other reviews said to stay on the side away from the freeway but that is also the side overlooking the river. We never heard a sound and was glad we still could see the river a little. The interior hallways were an open concet seeing down to the first floor, we did hear some noise in the hallway but was quiet once the door was closed. Maybe no parties downstairs?

Room Tip: join SPG and stay on the Club Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BLL1982

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and I will be sure to share your comments with out team. I am happy you found the Sheraton Club warm and inviting. We hope you will visit again when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
0 mi away
Tower Square Hotel Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
3 mi away
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!