“No issues, good stay”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
The Villages, Florida
“No issues, good stay”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This Hampton was clean, friendly,close to I-81, and, when we were there, very busy. Our room was one of the smaller ones but we were traveling and had only made reservations a few hours ahead of our arrival. The breakfast area had the food in a separate room, which made it easier to serve yourself then it is when breakfast is laid out along one wall.

We had a good stay and would return to this Hampton if we were in the area.

• Stayed September 2013
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Sally,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and would return to our property, and that you got to enjoy breakfast. Thank you for taking a time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Scranton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This feels like an older Hampton Inn with smaller rooms than other Hampton Inn's I've stayed at. Hallways were also dark and could use a makeover. However, service is good. The staff is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast is the usual standard continental fare, and there are freshly made (and yummy!) chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. The pool area is fairly big and definitely one of the nicer pool areas for a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. The afternoon fresh cookies are definitely a guest favorite! Our employees take pride in the service they deliver so I'm happy that we met your expecations and that we were able to pride you with information about our area. We look forward to seeing you again!
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Pulled off the highway and this is where we landed. And what a nice landing it was! The room was nice and cool and had a folder with a bunch of restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Since it was pouring and I was traveling with two young kids we ordered a great pizza from Gourmet Slice and enjoyed it and then went down to check out the pool, which was a wonderful surprise! The kids had a ball playing in it and the hot tub after our long drive. Slept well and enjoyed a nice Breakfast the next morning. All in all a great stay with some added perks! Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Rosanna,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us! I'm happy that your family was able to enjoy some of our amenities like our pool, hot tub, and breakfast, and that eveyone had a good time. I will be sure to share your positve feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again next time you pass through!
Ardsley, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I look for Hampton inns whenever we travel. This particular time family was staying there and we decided to spend the night instead of driving home.
The cost of staying was worth it. And so far they haven't disappointed me yet. Clean room comfortable bed, Nice pool, and Breakfast. We were lucky too there were only 2 rooms available.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us! I'm gald that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Scranton area!!
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

A clean, quiet and pleasant hotel with easy access off/onto I-81 just south of I-84 interchange. We have staid here several times and have always had a good experience. The freshly made chocolate chip cookies during late afternoon check-in are a warm welcome after a long drive. Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn, but well managed and is a bright space with many East facing windows looking out at the hilly landscape. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable with very good lighting for reading. There is a very nice swimming pool in a pavilion attached to the hotel building.

Room Tip: Rooms face East or West; rooms on the upper floors will have a better view (first floor rooms will v...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Alan,

Thank you for the kind comments and taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you choose to stay at our property when passing through. I will share your review with my team. We look forward to seeing you again!
Doalestown, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Since most of our stays are one-night @ any Hampton, our experience is limited to Desk, Room and Breakfast. Scranton exemplifies the courteous staff at all of the Hamptons we have visited over the years. I am never fond of Complimentary breakfasts at hotels, so I won't comment on that aspect. The accomodations were very good. Would revisit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Gerald,

Thank you for the nice comments about your stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you had a good experience. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Scranton area.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice within a month and Found everything to be very good with the exception of very slow draining bathtubs. This was the case in both rooms. I reported it to the desk staff and had 50% improvement after maintenance worked on it. I find this in a lot of hotels and I understand that the cause is hair however standing water over the top of your feet is disgusting.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Susan,

Thank you for writing a review and providing feedback about our hotel. I apologzie about the slow draining bathtub and that the issue was not properly corrected. I will be sure to pass this along to our maintenance department so we don't continue to have this issue in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Comfort Suites
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain? Share your experiences!