“Again it was a pleasant stay”

Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed here a good number of times over the years, this time it was for Friday and Saturday nights. There may be some rooms that are occasionally sub-par, as a few reviewers have said, but this time for us the room, breakfast and the service were very good. We were pleased. I grew up in the area and stayed in a number of area places; This Hampton Inn is usually a very good value for us while maintaining high overall standards.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and choosing to return to our hotel. We take pride in our service so I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Booked a room here based on the Trip Advisor reviews I read. I was so disappointed as was my husband. We both travel extensively & knew to be realistic with a Hampton property, but this was ridiculous! The room was small, unclean & the AC didn't work properly. To top it off, we had a difficult time getting our bags out of the room & to our vehicle when checking out, because the housekeeping staff was monopolizing all of the elevators with their giant carts (this was at 8:00 a.m.). The front desk staff was rude to boot! How they've maintained the rating they have is beyond me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again I apologize for all of the issues and I assure you that we will make the necessary corrections. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This Hampton was clean, friendly,close to I-81, and, when we were there, very busy. Our room was one of the smaller ones but we were traveling and had only made reservations a few hours ahead of our arrival. The breakfast area had the food in a separate room, which made it easier to serve yourself then it is when breakfast is laid out along one wall.

We had a good stay and would return to this Hampton if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013

Sally,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and would return to our property, and that you got to enjoy breakfast. Thank you for taking a time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Scranton.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This feels like an older Hampton Inn with smaller rooms than other Hampton Inn's I've stayed at. Hallways were also dark and could use a makeover. However, service is good. The staff is helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast is the usual standard continental fare, and there are freshly made (and yummy!) chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. The pool area is fairly big and definitely one of the nicer pool areas for a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. The afternoon fresh cookies are definitely a guest favorite! Our employees take pride in the service they deliver so I'm happy that we met your expecations and that we were able to pride you with information about our area. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Pulled off the highway and this is where we landed. And what a nice landing it was! The room was nice and cool and had a folder with a bunch of restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Since it was pouring and I was traveling with two young kids we ordered a great pizza from Gourmet Slice and enjoyed it and then went down to check out the pool, which was a wonderful surprise! The kids had a ball playing in it and the hot tub after our long drive. Slept well and enjoyed a nice Breakfast the next morning. All in all a great stay with some added perks! Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Rosanna,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us! I'm happy that your family was able to enjoy some of our amenities like our pool, hot tub, and breakfast, and that eveyone had a good time. I will be sure to share your positve feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again next time you pass through!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I look for Hampton inns whenever we travel. This particular time family was staying there and we decided to spend the night instead of driving home.
The cost of staying was worth it. And so far they haven't disappointed me yet. Clean room comfortable bed, Nice pool, and Breakfast. We were lucky too there were only 2 rooms available.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us! I'm gald that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the Scranton area!!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

A clean, quiet and pleasant hotel with easy access off/onto I-81 just south of I-84 interchange. We have staid here several times and have always had a good experience. The freshly made chocolate chip cookies during late afternoon check-in are a warm welcome after a long drive. Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn, but well managed and is a bright space with many East facing windows looking out at the hilly landscape. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable with very good lighting for reading. There is a very nice swimming pool in a pavilion attached to the hotel building.

Room Tip: Rooms face East or West; rooms on the upper floors will have a better view (first floor rooms will v...