“A friendly place to stay.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 9 April 2013

From the friendliness of Jan at the front desk, to the cleanliness of the room, to receiving printed directions to a nearby restaurant, this was a very nice place to stay. Easy on, easy off I-81 and located within easy travel to all parts of Scranton.

Room Tip: The Wireless access on the first floor was excellent....not sure about upper floors..
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thanks for the nice review. I'll let Jan know that her efforts were appreciated.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I stayed there for one night on our way to Connecticut. All the employees were very friendly and we were able to obtain a AAA rate. Hot breakfast and 24 hour coffee was a definite plus!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed a few nights at this hotel 2 weeks ago with a AAA rate of @111.00 after taxes. I go to make a reservation today and the rate was $169.00. Of course this is a big week for the snowbirds from Canada passing through and I feel that's why the rates were jacked up.

I'm a Choice Privleges Diamond Elite member so my obvious hotel choice is Comfort Inn or Comfort Suites but I'll never stay at this location again. I'll stick with someone else.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Unfortunately our rates do go up during special event dates. We always recommend that you make an advance reservation so that you know ahead of time that there may be an event in the area. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

My family and I reserved the 2 bedroom suite at this hotel at the last minute and to our surprise it was the best suite we have had in a long time. The staff was very friendly and they were at our door as soon as we needed assistance with something. Our stovetop didnt work and they did their best to accomodate us right away. We didnt need to move thank goodness but they were willing to make us happy if we needed to do so. Then our nice little sink got clogged and they were there fixing it within minutes. The suite was very accomodating for my whole family and the breakfast was good as well. My children enjoyed the swimming pool and the game room that is there all on the 1st floor. Overall this was a nice quiet place to rest and still feel like you were at home because of the comfort we felt all around. We would stay here again when passing by these neck of the woods.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We agree that the two bedroom suite is the way to go when traveling as a family. Thanks for letting us know that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Clean, very friendly staff. Lisa at the breakfast buffet was excellent at accommodating a hotel at full capacity. One suggestion: because there were many families there for a ski weekend, banging doors by rude neighbors was really annoying. Perhaps a reminder notice in a frame at the desk about being considerate to your neighbors may remind people to act accordingly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the doors. I'll let Lisa know how much you appreciated her efforts.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed in a two king suite on the first floor for a recent ski overnight. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was spacious, clean and totally adequate for our needs. The room and kitchen were generally up to date, with the small exception of a couch that really needs to be replaced. The location of the hotel is just off of I-81, close to shopping and in a safe area. I recommend a first floor suite such as this one. There is not the threat of noise that one usually gets from being on the first floor (hotel has no bars, etc.).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thanks for the nice review. We will be replacing all of our sleeper sofas in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Stayed here overnight as my son had eye surgury on Friday and had to return the next morning for aftercare. Yes! I chose this hotel based on the reviews and photos on trip adviser and they were right on. Friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff. Good breakfast in the am and warm cookies in the evening complimentary. We used the pool and large jaccuzzi while my son slept a bit and noticed the small workout room with decent working equipment. didn't use but noticed the neat large gameroon with air hockey and pool table and other games. Nice! Area to lock and store skis, too. Staff offered printed directions to a few places we needed to go to. So appreciated. We have to go back to scranton for a few more followups at the hospital and will stay here. The basic suites are large and roomey. The only thing not so great was the noisy neighbors slamming doors off and on through the night but that was not fault of management. Just rude fellow travelers. It happens.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you! We're sorry about the noisy neighbors but were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.