“this should be a 6 star rating.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 15 November 2013

we had been on the road for 9 hrs.,traveling to a funeral,there were 3 adults,3 children.I was so tired,didn't even know what town I was in.I asked for 2 rooms---the price was really to high for me.So I asked about 1big room.When the clerk was told the reason for the trip,she gave us a suite at a price that was good for us.The suite was more like an apartment.Two separate bedrooms,each had a bathroom.There was a kitchen area and living room area.There was a total of 3 tvs.
This suite was super clean.The beds very comfortable.The swimming pool was a good size.It was late at night,so we were the only ones at the pool.That area was also very nice,and there were big fluffy towels at the pool.
For breakfast,there were hot and cold items,a good selection of foods.The area was well maintain,the eating area was large.
The night clerk and day clerks were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

As of late we have found it increasingly difficult to find clean hotels at a reasonable price. Comfort Suites exceeded our expectations. Well cared for and very clean. I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates good service and clean rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vaughn S
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thanks for letting us know how satisfied you were with the clenliness of our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our stay at Comfort Suites in Scranton was wonderful. Everything from the lobby to the hallways to the room was spotless. The location is close to shopping and other entertainment venues. Jan at the front desk was very welcoming and was very helpful with everything that we needed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review. I'll be sure to let Jan know how much you appreciated her efforts.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The stay at this facility is always comfortable, the staff is friendly. We especially are treated well by Jan at the front desk. She is always helpful for whatever needs we may have. Again, the whole experience at this facility is always well anticipated.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you. We love to hear from repeat guests and I'm sure Jan will appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our stay at the comfort Suites Scranton, Pa. was very enjoyable. The staff was superb. Jan the receptionist was so helpful in getting us on a bus to New York City. She went to extremes to help us because we knew nothing about how to get there. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. From Jan to the others, they made us very comfortable. I would stay here again if I am in this area. You are very lucky to have such dedicated staff. Carol M

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Jan is great at her job and we appreciate your recognition of her efforts. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Friends of ours from the Scranton area recommended this hotel. I am so grateful that they did! The lobby is very decorative and the rooms and hallways were clean. I thought the hotel was newer than it actually is. The pool area was nice but does get pretty busy at night, but we did stay on a weekend so maybe it is not always this way. Breakfast was pretty good but it was the same offerings each morning. Would have been nice to different items instead of only sausage patties; maybe serve bacon, fruit cocktail or even bread would be nice to have! We encountered many nice employees during our visit but Jan at the reception desk was always friendly and great with ideas of things to do with our kids. We hope to be able to return again soon!!

Room Tip: Some rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have no rooms across from them, making these rooms quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the nice review. We're glad that the hotel still looks new but we will be undergoing a total renovation in the next few months. Hopefully you'll like us even more.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My stay at the comfort suites in Scranton, pa was a good one the room were comfortable also the food was excellent and had great service very polite associates and the people that worked there. as I checked in January was at the front desk welcomed me and did my check in time she was very helpful with me and asked me if I needed any other assistance she is a nice person and very kind as well. the hotel is a friendly orientated environment for every one to join I would recommend this hotel to everyone who travels to stay there have great service the pool and Jacuzzi are realty nice have wonderful breakfast and makes you feel comfortable and welcomed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to tell others. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Jan.