“Christmas Cheer”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Keene, Canada
“Christmas Cheer”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were delighted with our stay at Comfort Suites, 44 Montage Mountain Road, Scranton, PA.
It is conveniently located just off Interstate 81 and close to downtown Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. From the reservation process and the confirmation reminder we received before travelling to the location, amenities and service, my wife and I were very satisfied with this hotel. We will certainly use this hotel on future trips south from Ontario and make use of Comfort Suites and the Choice Hotels group in the future. Thanks to all staff at 44 Montage Mountain Road.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jock_Mackay42
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is not a Hilton, but for the price it is a good value. Rooms are suites, which is nice. It is undergoing renovation right now, but that has not been a problem. They give lower rates for seniors, so be sure to ask. Little kitchenet in the room a plus (frig, microwave). Free breakfast, but offerings are mediocre.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fabulous1751
We hope you'll stay with us again after all the renovations are complete. Thanks for the nice review.
Farmingdale, Maine
Reviewed 12 December 2013

It has been many years since we stayed here and the service is as fantastic as ever. The front desk people are warm, friendly and welcoming. Our adult son was traveling with us so they put us in a two bedroom suite that was amazing. This is the best Comfort Suite we stayed in during our seven week trip. I commend housekeeping for having our room free of fragrances and chemical sprays since I am acurely allergic to them. The entire suite was perfect. This hotel is definitely going to be one of our stops whenever we travel south from Maine. Good job everyone.

Room Tip: We loved the third floor because it was so quiet up there.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
We love hearing from repeat guests. We're so glad that our service keeps you coming back.
Dunmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Everything was wonderful, nothing but good things to say, a special thanks to January at the front desk and Theora in house keeping for making sure everything was just so. I Enjoyed my stay and will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to tell Jan and Teddy that you appreciated their efforts.
Detroit
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I will start by saying they are renovating, and it's not a day too soon. The rooms are very worn out. The couch and beds were awful. But they are changing that. However, after checking out my husband received a call accusing us of taking an end table and a lamp from the room. We had moved it into the bed room area to put up a pack and play for our baby. It was in plane sight... If they had bothered to look. This tells me they can't possibly clean these rooms. Also perhaps management should look into these matters BEFORE calling guests. Who steals a table from a hotel... I mean really?!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank jennserra
Dan E, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I apologize for the phone call regarding the furniture. Our intent was not to accuse anyone of taking it but rather to apologize to you for it being missing when you checked in. Work was being done in that room earlier in the day and we thought the furniture had been removed and not put back. We're very sorry that you felt like you were being accused.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Not really sure why this place has such high ratings. The location is convenient to the freeway but nothing else. I asked the front desk receptionist about eating dinner and she referred me to the mall. I asked if there was a nicer fine dining establishment close by and she said "I don't know I am not from around here". Found a decent restaurant in town. It was near the Radisson which seems to be a more convenient location. My room was extremely dated! The couch was so stained I would not sit on it. The bathroom door opened in so that you would have to stand between the commode and the wall beside it to close the door. the refrigerator in the room was extremely loud. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rob b
I apologize for the lack of dining options given to you by our front desk staff. I will review all dining options with the entire staff to make sure that this does not happen again. As a rule we try very hard to give our guests as many options as possible. We hope you will try us again after our renovations are complete.
ky.
Reviewed 15 November 2013

we had been on the road for 9 hrs.,traveling to a funeral,there were 3 adults,3 children.I was so tired,didn't even know what town I was in.I asked for 2 rooms---the price was really to high for me.So I asked about 1big room.When the clerk was told the reason for the trip,she gave us a suite at a price that was good for us.The suite was more like an apartment.Two separate bedrooms,each had a bathroom.There was a kitchen area and living room area.There was a total of 3 tvs.
This suite was super clean.The beds very comfortable.The swimming pool was a good size.It was late at night,so we were the only ones at the pool.That area was also very nice,and there were big fluffy towels at the pool.
For breakfast,there were hot and cold items,a good selection of foods.The area was well maintain,the eating area was large.
The night clerk and day clerks were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.