“A good, clean RI around Scranton, PA”

Residence Inn Scranton
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 25 August 2013

A solid Residence Inn around Scranton, PA. It is very close to the mall in Dickson City and about a 20 min drive to downtown Scranton. The entire hotel was very clean orderly. We found the breakfast was very well-prepared and presented. The staff attending to the breakfast area kept the place very neat and well-stocked with coffee and foodstuff even though there were many guests, esp. children. That is a tough act!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Chelsea C, Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel! We are happy that we were able to fulfill your expectations and are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Very friendly. Nice rooms. Had fun in the pool. The breakfast was nice, just need to refill more often. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very Nice. Liked having a full kitchen. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013
Chelsea C, Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your review and kind words! We are happy that you were able to enjoy our amenities and we hope that we will see you again soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel for a stop off. The public area rest rooms were poorly cleaned and that was a let down because the rest of the hotel was A1. The staff were very helpful and the room was very good (we are a gang of five), wouldn't hesitate in going again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Chelsea C, Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the overall stay and will address the mentioned housekeeping issues immediately. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed for one night on the drive from NYC to Niagara. Was pleasantly surprised with this gem. The place is homely, there are free bottles of water in the lobby. Breakfast was a decent spread and the staff is friendly. Free in-room wifi. There is a computer with a printer in the breakfast area unfortunately the printer was not working. It is also near to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Amanda E, General Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Lannk97,

Thank you for the kind feedback regarding your stay at the Scranton Residence Inn by Marriott. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope we get to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is located very close to route 81. The windows are made out of thin glass and you can hear the traffic all night long. I don't know if the other side of the hotel is quietier. I checked in at about 10 PM, and was sound asleep by 11 as I was dead tired. I opened my eyes at 3 and listened to the trafic until 7AM when I got out of bed and started my day. If you have a hotel this close to the highway the windows need to be made out of hurricane type glass to block out the noise.
The hotel itself is old and in need of updating. I've stayed at many other Residence Inns and this one was the most outdated. The breakfast buffet was typical traveler hotel type fare. Quite adequate for a quick breakfast.
I won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chelsea C, Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide feedback. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations and are very sorry that you were not able to get a good night's rest. We realize that a good nights sleep is important to all of our guests and we wish the highway didn't ruin this for you.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here overnight on a trip from New Hampshire to Virginia, so I wasn't asking for much more than a place to sleep. After driving for over 8 hours, I just wanted to get into my room and relax. No one was at the registration desk when I arrived and after a few minutes, I finally called out to get someone's attention. This wasn't a good way to start off but I let it go. I got my key cards (2) and took my travel bag, laptop and purse up to my room. When I got there, I discovered that neither card worked. So I went back downstairs with all of my stuff to get the key cards reprogrammed, and then returned to my room to try again. I was a little upset when the first key card didn't work, but was relieved when the second one finally opened the door.

After that horrible beginning, the rest of my stay was fine. The suite met all of my needs: a comfy bed, well-equipped kitchen, and a spacious living room. Even with the room right next to the elevator, I heard no noise.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Chelsea C, Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize about not providing an easy check in experience for you and we will make sure that we review this with our guest service team. I'm sure that you had a long trip already and having a difficult time checking in didn't make your trip any better. We are happy to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations with our room accomodations! We hope that you will stay with us again albeit this stay's less than great check-in experience!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We just stayed here with our family. We typically stay at residence inns as they are great places for family stays. This residence inn, the staff was super friendly and nice. Unfortunately that is the only good thing we can report. The rooms all look as if they are stuck in the 80's and are in desperate need of updating. There is only 1 elevator in the building.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SuperM0m74
Chelsea C, Manager at Residence Inn Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were satisfied with our guest service and sincerely apologize that we weren't able to meet your suite expectations.