“loyal customer”

Fairfield Inn Scranton
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
“loyal customer”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel now for half a dozen times and each time appreciate the friendliness of the staff, the comfortable, clean rooms and convenience of the location. The breakfast is clean and adequate for our needs, (hot stuff hot, cold stuff cold), and delicious.The staff quick to clear away when we were done eating and enjoying the delicious coffee. The pool area was clean and we enjoyed doing laps in the pool for our morning workout. A few recommendations I would make, based on stays in other Marriotts would be to have a sliding door installed in the entryway, change from a chlorine-based pool to a salt-water pool, (easier on the skin!); provide towels in the pool area(none noted yesterday); update the cooling system so it's consistent whichever floor your on. The third floor cooling did not seem as adequate in the summer as the second & first floors. The room itself was very comfortable, spotless and lovely-thank you Raquel! :) If/when we're in Scranton again, we would stay here. Thank you.

Room Tip: First or second floor during the summer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanne R
Chelsea C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your loyalty to the Scranton Fairfield Inn by Marriott! We sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us and are glad that you find our accommodations comfortable, our breakfast fulfilling, and our staff friendly! We appreciate you letting us know your suggestions and will make sure that towels are available in the pool room, look into our heating and air conditioning by floor, and the possibility of getting a salt water pool. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dover
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. We arrived late in the morning expecting a room. Unfortunately due to a NASCAR event no rooms were ready, but the wait of 15 minutes was fine. The hotel clerk even prepared two gift bags for my wife and I as a result of the wait, which was a very nice touch. The room itself was clean and the hotel was super. We shall return to this hotel the next time we are in Scranton. The ladies to maintain the breakfast area deserve special recognition as breakfast was great in spite of a big crowd of people and limited seating.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ronDover
Chelsea C, Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are grateful for your loyalty to our hotel! We look forward to seeing you next time!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My first impression pulling up to this Fairfield Inn was "it's small". There was no sliding door upon entry which is difficult when you are juggling 4 suitcases plus other things, and one of you has to hold the door open.

I haven't been to a hotel without a sliding door in I don't know how long. And it's not even a double door, it's a single glass door that's heavy.

After we squeezed in through the single door, there were no carts available upon check in and the manager at the desk was completely unapologetic about it nor did he offer to hunt one down. He had a can't be bothered attitude overall.

The lobby was again small, unimpressive and possibly in need of renovations. Beyond the lobby was a small breakfast area.

We got up to our room, and no surprise, it was very SMALL. We had a king bed, and a sofabed. I had asked for a rollaway bed as well, not knowing the size of the room on the internet, and was astonished that they gave me one. Because where on earth would it fit? With the sofabed open you barely had room to squeeze by and go to the bathroom.

The room was very dark, there were not adequate plugs, and everything seemed very outdated.

I gazed longingly out the window at the brand spanking new Springhill Suites next door wondering why I didn't book a room there instead.

The only highlight of this hotel is that the bed was very comfortable. I mean like a 9 out of 10 comfortable which to me is very important.

The breakfast was the same as any lower end chain hotel. Run of the mill pastries, some cereal, and some add water powdered eggs. Icky "fruit".

I wouldn't stay here again...

1 Thank eastwestmom
Lois G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you very much for the time you took to review our hotel. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. We do apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. I would like you to know that the items that are within our control have been addressed (i.e. staff service). Unfortunately, some of the other items can not be fixed immediately. Once again, I do apologize that you did not find our hotel to be suiting to your needs. Thank you again for your review.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

As other reviewers mention, this place has a very competitive rate, but when I see Marriott I expect more than what I got.

I travel regularly for work, and I've come to review hotels fairly liberally and always consider my review fair when it isn't positive.

The staff is very friendly! The hotel is conveniently located. Parking was great.

The room unfortunately is not up to my very reasonable standards. There was hair in the tub, mold underneath the soap shelf (you can see it if you're using the toilet), and the bathroom floor was dirty. I like the their choice of shampoo and conditioner.

The room has ONE easy access power outlet. If you travel for business, or have a family that enjoys even minimal technology I don't need to explain why this is an issue.

The beds are comfortable, the sheets are clean, but the a.c. isn't very great. I need my room to be cold for me to sleep comfortably, and the temp of the room is not easy to lower.

This is my first time staying in Scranton. Unless I find a different place in the area, I'll likely go back to diving to Lehigh Valley for a room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SedoneStars
Lois G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Scranton, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We greatly appreciate any and all feedback we can get. I am glad that you found our staff to be accomodating. I do apologize for the cleanliness and mechanical issues you experienced. I have brought the issues to the attention of my housekeeping and engineering staff. As mentioned, we do appreciate the feedback and can assure you these issues have been addressed. Thank you for your business with our property.
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent two nights at the Scranton Fairfield while visiting family in the area. Our room was clean and comfortable, and it included a mini-fridge and microwave which are always nice to have when traveling. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast included a nice variety of hot and cold items, including fresh fruit. It was a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet L
Thank you so much for the time you took to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate any and all feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that if you are in the area again to visit your family you to decide to stay with us again. Thank you for your business!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed one night and enjoyed the stay. The pool was great, the breakfast had a great variety. We needed extra towels and had no problem getting them. We also got a roll-away, which was found to be uncomfortable. We managed with placing the pillows on the mattress to make it more tolerable. Aside from that, we had no complaints. We would stay again;

1 Thank threemstotravel
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I would like to apologize about the comfort level of the rollaway. We will be happy to welcome you back next time you are in the Scranton area. Thank you for your business with our property.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our rooms had king size beds as requested and the sofa bed was a nice bonus. Everyone working at The Scranton Faifield Inn was more than helpful and seemed happy at their jobs. Breakfast was included and was better than expected, including hot food as well as cold and was well-maintained by the staff. The location was good for our purposes and they have a real nice indoor pool open 17 hours a day!

Room Tip: Larger rooms are a good value.
1 Thank Jerry F
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate any and all comments. I am glad you found our staff to be accomodating and glad you enjoyed the room type and breakfast. We hope that if you are ever in the Scranton area again that you will decide to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your business with our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Been to Fairfield Inn Scranton? Share your experiences!