“Solid hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a great, clean, newly (2012) renovated hotel. I highly recommend it. I advise you not to eat lunch or dinner in the restaurant. It is overpriced and poor quality. The breakfast was fine. My other complaint is that you have to pay $10 for parking and while I was there two cars were vandalized overnight in the garage. There is another hotel around the corner that does not charge for parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Danielle D, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Good Afternoon James!
The team appreciates your review of your recent experience at our hotel and restaurant. I understand that you were disapointed with your food. I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our offerings with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in Scranton, we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. We are also very sorry to know you have heard of a vandalizing inncident in the parking garage which is located conveniently right next to us. Something like that is very rare to have happened in such a small city as Scranton. However, when you are in a city of any kind, these things are capable of happening. We are thankful it was not your car. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel was average. The rooms were a little antiquated. The pool area was antiquated as well. The most up to date and brightest room happened to be the exercise room so I spend a good amount of time there and maybe that was what I needed the most. I have been in far better rooms for far less money. I personally would not stay there if it was a trip that was not job related.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ryan A, Director of Sales at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello Senetta,

Thank you for your recent review of the property. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotels fitness center, and I am glad you were able to enjoy this amenity during your trip to Scranton.

The property completed a full renovation in 2012 which has helped earn the hotel six consecutive outstanding brand quality assurance inspections. In addition the hotel continues to upgrade the facility as our new Electric City Ballroom is scheduled to open next week. The hotels saline system pool is considered by many to be a breath of fresh air as the hotel is commitment to providing the finest for our guests. We feel the lack of harsh chemicals is better for our environment, as well as our guests. The team is committed to reducing our environmental footprint as much as possible.

I do apologize that the guestrooms and pool area did not meet your standard. The entire team takes tremendous pride in the property, and we will continue to strive to meet your expectations. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. Your feedback means a great deal to myself, and the entire the team here at the Hilton Scranton & Conference Center.

Best Regards,

Ryan M. Alpert
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I hope I spelt the name correctly: I booked the hotel via 1-800 number, and was given a price differently from the rate I received via e-mail. I called the hotel at Scranton regarding this, Luk resolved the issue in less than a minute -- efficient and had a smile and showed care and respect for my concern in his voice! Sue was extremely nice when I called and told her that I would be extremely late on the day of my arrival. She also took extra step to sign me up as a Hilton member -- which I had wanted to do but did not remember it until she suggested. She spent time taking pictures for me in the lobby... and suggested good restaurants in town! Luk and Sue are absolutely great customer representatives for Hilton Hotel!!! Sarah at front desk was also very nice -- she patiently answered all my questions when I arrived at very late hour on June 17 (1 AM on June 18)!

Hello Gaoying,

Your time is extremely valuable and it means the world to us that you have taken the time to review your recent stay at the hotel. When we talk about key players on team Hilton Scranton, Luke and Sue are right at the top of that list! The entire team takes pride in making it right for our guests, and I am glad Luke was able to assist you promptly and efficiently with his great smile.

Welcome to the Hilton HHonors family! I am glad Sue was able to create your account and your journey to obtaining valuable member benefits begins! You have joined an award winning guest loyalty program, and I am confident the 3,900 hotels that you have to choose from will enhance your travel experience.

Again, thank you for mentioning Luke, Sue and other members of our team. These individuals are among many reasons why the Hilton Scranton & Conference Center is regarded as one of the top Hilton Hotels in the Americas. The hotel is currently the 6th ranked Hilton Hotel out of 282 in the Americas for Overall Customer Service and we will not be satisfied until we reach the top ranking! It takes passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to excellence each and every day to maintain this level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back once again to the Hilton Scranton & Conference Center.

Best Regards,

Ryan M. Alpert
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 23 June 2014

First time staying in this hotel. I'll definately use it again when I am in the area. Staff was exceptional. Location is perfect for Downtown dining and shoping. Easy access to Rt. 81 and other highways. Excellant stay all the way.

Good Afternoon Thomas,
Thank you so much for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Hilton Scranton. The team is so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and a superb friendly staff. We are so happy you think so! Yes, everything you need is just a short walk away from the hotel. That is something that is very unique for us. Thank you again for your comments and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Scranton!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you are a light sleeper, you should be aware that the smoke detectors have a "flashing" light that goes off all night. They will put black tape on the smoke detector for you, but you have to ask. On the plus side, the staff is very accommodating and service was excellent. If you call and make your reservations, request that the black tape be put on prior to your arrival.

3  Thank Alicia S

Hello Alicia,
We are sorry you were unable to receive a good nights sleep, until the black tape had been put up on the flashing light. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the smoke alarm flashing light. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. The team is so pleased to hear we were all so accomodating and that the rest of your service was excellent. We hope you will consider staying with us again. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you ever get to go to Scranton, PA for business and/or leisure be sure to check out the HILTON. You won't be sorry. The staff is very friendly and there to accommodate any of your needs. Rooms are exceptionally clean. Food at the restaurant is good not only by taste but affordable.

Hi Doug,
On behalf of the whole Hilton Scranton team, we are so very pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip with us. We certainly do work hard here day in and day out to make sure our guests are enjoying themselves. It is always nice to hear that our hard work is paying off. We appreciate your kind response. Our Hilton brand promise is to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travel to Scranton PA on business several times a year. I have been staying at the Hilton for many, many years, and I've never been dissapointed. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, the location is perfect for my business. I enjoy the wonderful breakfast and the quiet rooms. The only time I'm disappointed is if I call to make a reservation and the Hilton is booked up and I have to stay somewhere else.

Hello Alan,
Thank you kindly for your review of our Hilton Scranton Hotel. We are happy to see you each and every time. We are so pleased you enjoy us to the fullest every time you stay with us. We will continue to do everything in our power to make your business trips less stressful for you. Please let us know how we can assist you should you need us for anything. We certainly do hope to not be booked up for you next time!
Danielle - Sales Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!