“A good Hilton! Finally!”

Hilton Scranton & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been complaining about bad Hiltons over the last month -- one in New York and one in Minneapolis. So I was a little apprehensive about the Hilton Scranton and Conference Center where I stayed this past Friday. It was wonderful! The room was comfortable and huge. I was very pleased. My brother and sister-in-law brought their dog with them, and the hotel was very dog-friendly, which was nice. If I go back to Scranton I will definitely stay there again. A few days after my stay I even got an email from the manager thanking me for staying at their hotel. So, no complaints this time!

3  Thank IED_10
Danielle D, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello Geneva NY!
I really enjoyed reading your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. I especially enjoyed the Dog Friendly part. I myself, am an animal lover. I just think it is so lovely to see Dogs in the Hotel. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our Hilton in Scranton. We are sorry to hear you had negative experiences at a couple other Hiltons. We are so glad to have been able to turn this around for you! Thank you so much for your time.
Best Wishes and hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel in downtown Scranton. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All the amenities were very clean including the pool and hot tub. The room was very spacious and had a nice coffee pot and frig. It was definitely worth the extra money we spent on it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela M

Hello Angela!
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to give us a review. We are so happy that it was a positive review indeed. Cleanliness is so very important to us, so we are pleased you found it so neat and tidy. We do hope you visit us again soon in good ole' Scranton PA!
Best Wishes and Happy Summer,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very nice hotel, clean, staff was very courteous and helpful but we waited way too long for service at the "Pub", the food was good, and our room was great and we had a surprise upgrade which was really nice since we were traveling with out two teenagers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good Day Port Ewen, New York!
I am so very glad to have read this review from you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us. We are happy to know you enjoyed yourself. Apologies that food service took longer than usual, as this comment is very important for us to know what to improve on. We sure do hope you stop back in soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was very nice for a short stay. It has a nice size lap pool and fitness facility was nicely equipped. just know that even if you are getting a hotel for 125 a night they add on two different taxes and 10 for parking per night. The staff was helpful with restaurants in the neighborhood and recommended Keldera Irish pub around the corner great food and they always had specials so it was very cheap.

Hi Kimberly!
I want to thank you so much for your review on our Hotel. We always look forward to comments with depth, like yours was. It was very specific, which we appreciate. We love to hear how you enjoyed yourself and also what we can improve on. I am happy to see you are a fan. And yes, those pesky taxes in PA will get you! Next time, I hope you will stay longer! Scranton has so much to see, such as hidden gems people don't know about!
Happy Summer,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We could walk around Scranton. Great for a family with a child at the university. We did not have to drive anywhere. Beautiful building. Make sure you are getting the room that you booked. We request 2 beds. When we walked in the room there was 1 king. Not cool when you are staying with your mom. Did not use any of the amenities offered. I could not get the internet up and running. I would stay again just for the convenience.

Hi Emilie!
I appreciate your time in writing us a nice review with informative information. As I was not present, I am sure someone happily and quickly responded to your issues and concerns on check in day. I do hope we made your stay much better. And yes, I have to agree with you that this area in Downtown Scranton near our Hotel is lovely for kids and families. Very safe, clean, and always special when the sun comes out. There are a lot of good eats locally as well. I am glad you enjoyed the city. We do hope you will come back soon and stay with us again. Spread the word and bring your friends! Everyone should experience Scranton!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel to attend a wedding a few weeks ago. While the hotel is slightly dated, the rooms were clean and spacious. We were able to walk to several restaurants and the mall, which was very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Houston, Texas!
Thank you for reviewing our Hotel all the way from Texas! We are so happy you joined us in cold PA from warm Texas! It's true, always nice to be able to walk to our Mall and yummy food places from our Hotel. We are in a safe, clean, and family oriented area here in Downtown Scranton. I hope you enjoyed the Wedding! I am sure it was lovely. Perhaps you should come back sometime and see our new renovations upstiars! We have added another Ballroom! All places need a revamp here and there! We appreciate your feedback.
Happy Summer,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel offers various room types, i just needed a one bed and had a AAA discount so the price was good. The room was clean and had all the amenities i needed so i did not have to leave the hotel. Very relaxing little break from work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CommandrJ

Good Afternoon CommandrJ!
I was so happy to read "Welcoming" in the subject title line. I would definitely consider ourselves friendly. I am so happy you got a break from work, and that we could make that experience special for you. It's true, you don't always have to leave the Hotel! Sometimes you just want curl up in a ball and hide! We can certainly accomodate that :)
Hope to see you soon!
Danielle - Sales Coordinator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
Fairfield Inn Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!