“good surprise”

Waffle House
Ranked #204 of 305 Restaurants in Scranton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were traveling on Rt 81 N. in Pa. Just outside of Scranton we found this place for breakfast.
Many times waffles are heavy. Not here.
They were the lightest , tastiest, fluffiest ever.
The service , excellent, from the bus boy to the waitress.
We asked for the bus. card. They didn't have any. But 2 minutes later,
John, the owner, came to our table and apologized for it and gave us one with the
office #. He said he has another branch, on exit 184.
We'll certainly keep that in mind for our next trip.

2  Thank Delga

Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visit here once every few months for a good hearty breakfast. Last time we went it was his birthday and it was also the guy sitting next to us birthday. Well the waitress gave the other guy a waffle house birthday hat to wear haha and I spoke up and said it was my boyfriends birthday too. But they were out of hats they just used the last one. So instead the waitress took a napkin, wrote happy birthday on it, and taped it to my boyfriends hat that he was already wearing. I thought this was hilarious and it definitely made his morning. She even took a picture of it for their wall (they have a wall with pictures of customers who wear the birthday hat). Well needless to say he and I still talk about that day and it was just too funny. This is such a cute little place !!

1  Thank Educatdhorses
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The food is good, waffles are tasty. Have never had any problems visiting with the kids. Service is great, we are always greeted at the door with a smile. Will always go back!

1  Thank Momoffivegirls
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I love going to this Waffle House. The waitresses are always very friendly and the food is consistanly good.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

My guy and I headed here for Sunday brunch. Two tables (besides ours) had people at them. Our waitress got our drinks and asked if we were ready to order. We weren't and told her as much. She stepped about 2 feet from our table and stood there for 30 seconds and came back for our order. I got a waffle with chocolate chips, bacon, and hash browns. He got a chicken wrap with hash browns. My waffle (sadly missing the chocolate chips) came out first...then about 4 or 5 minutes later, my bacon came out...then another couple of minutes til my (only my) hash browns came out. Cut to another 5 minutes or so and then his wrap and hash browns came out (at which point I was already finished). Never did she ask if we needed anything or check our drinks. The next time we saw her was when she dropped off the check. As other reviewers have mentioned, the kitchen is open, so you get a show every time. Managers and employees arguing about orders constantly. The food is really really tasty though, so it's hard to give them a completely horrible review.