“BIG mistake” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Charlotte, North Carolina
“BIG mistake”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We pulled in past midnight since we thought it must be cheap. First off it waws not that cheap and then I was sleeping on a rock hard beds for rest of the nights. This was not a corporate trip and money was my own, so I kept quiet and spent the night anyways. I regretted it so much that even thought I stayed a while ago, I really wanted this feedback online.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ron T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

For such an inexpensive rate I was a bit nervous....but it's a good place! Exceeded my expectations! Clean, king bed, fridge, microwave, flat-screen tv, free continental breakfast, staff was friendly & helpful. We would def return! Great value for the price paid!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hurleygirl024
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Booked this as a "secret hotel" for a low price on Travelocity...when the hotel name was revealed, I thought it would be okay, since EconoLodge has usually been so in the past, though I was very upset that my "secret" low rate was only 2 dollars less than the hotel's actual, published rates...I feel cheated. The hotel itself is pretty disgusting. The outside has almost no lighting -- dark and creepy. The room smelled, the toilet made noise all night, the floor was uneven/creaky, the tub had the previous users hair in it, the pillows were flat and insufficient, the ice machine was plugged in and looked functional but didn't dispense ice...yes, it is cheap. It is also terrible. Not worth it. Will never go back and will definitely think twice before ever booking an Econo Lodge again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LynnJ22
Mechanicville, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

On my way through Scranton, PA I decided to look up any hotel that was close and reasonable in price. Tired and weary from a long trip, I found the first available hotel at this location and plugged it into my GPS. My first red flag was when the directions took my off the beaten path to a location where you would have never known there was a hotel to begin with. The place looked totally deserted. The open sign wasn't even on and I had to drive by a few times before I saw a few cars in the parking lot. When I went into check in at the front desk, the attendant looked as if he could care less if I checked in or not. I took my key and went to find my room. The inside hallway looked like a scene from a horror movie. The place was very rundown and smelled of mold. The room was shoddy, carpets were worn and stained. Two of the electric outlets didn't work nor the blow dryer in the bathroom. This was a place where once you settled in for the night, you wanted to make sure to deadbolt yourself in and not leave for the evening. At the crack of dawn, I was out of there and couldn't be more happier to see that location in my rear view mirror. I found out three days later, they had even overcharged my stay and billed my credit card for 3 nights stay and to this date, I'm still trying to get reimbursed back. I should have trusted every gut instinct and ran when I first drove into their parking lot and drove the extra 5 minutes to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Wendy B
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed here in 2012 on a stopover en route to New Hampshire. Located off of I-81, a little hard to find for me, the streets weren't that great and you cant see the sign from a distance. Typical budget motel, safe location and helpful staff. Would consider staying here again in the future. Comfortable beds and a clean room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Kim A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Reserved room online. Hotel hidden in odd location. Strong smell of deodorizer everywhere. What are they hiding? Threadbare towels. Breakfast of watered down juice and offbrand cereal labeled as name brand. (My husband has eaten enough cheerios to know real from a knockoff). Coffee terrible. If we could have changed hotels without cost we would have. We heard this hotel was used frequently by locals for "hookups." And although we have no evidence we would not be surprised. Kept our door locked. We will not come back and this experience has made us want to avoid econo lodges in general.

• Stayed June 2013
Dundas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Well folks this is a place to lay your head down overnight and move on. I will suggest, by my experience at check out, some young folks have made an investment and are working hard (hopefully) to improve things.

The abandoned bar/restaraunt is a true picture of doom. Unfortunately its the first thing you see pulling in. Oh yea...don't ignore the signs.

The doors to the rooms need paint, the bathroom needs recaulking and many repairs are required throughout...I won'tmention them all as I don't believe in bashing.

If you are like me...just need a place to hang your hat and can over look things then this place is convenient and resonably priced. I wish the owners luck in their future endevours.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo