Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton
Econo Lodge(Scranton)
Comfort Suites(Scranton)
Quality Inn(Dunmore)
1,145 results
All reviewshistoric buildingstained glasstrax barbeautiful hotellobby restaurantbeautiful lobbymain lobbyscranton areamarbleconvertedbrunchrailroadgrandeurrestorationuniversityera
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Overall the hotel was fine and clean, although the rooms were slightly small and the mattresses very hard. The biggest issue we had is that they charged us $5 to park our own car in their parking lot. We were very surprised that this was not mentioned to us at the check-in at all. I have stayed in many different hotels and never been charged a fee for a parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Cakell0428,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel. We do charge a parking fee and although it is noted on our website, you should have been made aware of it verbally at check-in. We will make sure that our front desk staff is reminded to review all details with our guests so that there are no "surprises". We hope to have you with us again in the future.
Regards,
Sarah Eynon

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Went to Scranton for a funeral service and stayed at the Radisson. We have stayed there before but also stayed at the Hilton across the street. I have to say that the Radisson is much a better place and not to mention cheaper. The historic building is well kept and clean. The food is delicious and we went into the bar called Trax and had the best bartender named Maria. She was so friendly and nothing was too much for her to do. She was great. The only problem I have is that they charge you a $5 a day for parking plus tax when you park the car yourself. They do have a valet but it is really not needed only if you cannot find a parking spot. It wasn't a big deal, but I just felt like I was being nickled and dimed. The Hilton also charges, but you pull up and they take your car. If you are deciding between the Hilton or the Radisson pick the Radisson, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try for rooms on the 4th floor and up. Any lower and you can hear everything going on in the bar/restaurant.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank macman217
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

macman217,

Although your visit to Scranton was due to unfortunate circumstances, I am pleased to hear that your stay with us at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel was pleasant and enjoyable. We take great pride in our responsibility of maintaining and enhancing this beautiful historic structure, along with offering all of our guests superior and quality service. I will be sure to pass along your encouraging words to Maria in Trax and also our Chef. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and my sympathies to you and your family.

Regards,
Sarah Eynon
Director, Commerce & Promotion
Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This review is of Trax, one of two hotel bars/restaurants. My wife and I have come to this bar maybe once a year for maybe the past six seven years. The place appears to be under different management since the last time we were there and crowds are certainly down from prior visits. We went here for a casual birthday dinner June 1. All started out well and the service was adequate. I ordered a strip steak and the wife ordered a dinner salad. When I tasted my steak it didn’t quite taste right, but not every steak can be perfect, and I continued to eat. About half way through I noticed that the steak meat itself was shredding. I could stick my fork into the edge and just twist off a piece. I don’t think it was a real piece of NY strip steak, but rather meat glued together in the form of NY strip (Google transglutaminase). I stopped eating and very easily shredded the remaining half of the piece of meat. I called over the bartender and told her I didn’t think it was a real strip steak. She took it to what I guess was a manager and she came back and offered to buy us a round of drinks. No denial, no explanation, no apology, no refund - just would we like a round of drinks. Unfortunately, I had already paid the bill and considering it was a birthday dinner I didn’t want to start arguing with the server and ruin an otherwise nice night (a decision I now regret). So, we drank our drinks, left and now post to TA.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tripabcd
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The hotel was beautiful and the breakfast was out of this world. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Southern2rs
radissonscranton, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear Southern2rs,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that your stay with us was great. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and service. Our aim is to ensure that all our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Scranton.
Cordially,
Sameer Ali

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great interior - great service - good food in each area - Stayed two night (Fri & Sat) while attending a local weekend function. Breakfast and lunch were very good with ample selections, and a little pricey. Plenty of forceful hot water - comfortable queen beds. Some on-going work/upgrade had 3 or 4 trailers parked on the property that made walking a little chancey to the rear parking area. Had a room lamp that woudn't switch off (had to pull the plug) and had its bulb socket very loose on the lamp. One cabinet door on unit housing TV didn't stay open so you could view TV, so I had to use some hangers to help retain it in the 'open' position. Room was large but sparsely furnished. One high curtain had a short rod for closing that needed a person at least 5'8" to reach it to open or close it. 3rd floor room facing SW had some road noise on Sat night. Good value with the event discount price.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east may be more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple